Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1

Quote Reply
Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1
Hi,
how can i make it possible, that signups from a special page CAN login directly after signup despite Validation = yes in my setup?
A hidden field inside the signupform which set "Status = Registered" doesnt work: Perhaps this field will be overwritten by the validation process?

Any ideas?
Thanks very much in advance!

Coyu
Quote Reply
Re: [Coyu] Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1 In reply to
Yes, it's re-set in the scripts to prevent _EXACTLY_ what you are doing <G> ie: someone sending in fake data, to pretend to have really registered.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1 In reply to
Hey pugdog; OK!

SO there is NO possibility to bypass this?

Corc
Quote Reply
not without modifying the code directly, and opening up a risk of problems from bogus data.

What you are asking for is a "back door" and you want to leave the key over the door frame. How many theives check there first to see if you do that?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1 In reply to
Yes, i understand, but we dont have critical content in our website.
the validated users are using our service free and i want a NO-Validation possibility for premium users, that we redirect to a payment site...

What if we reverse the process:
Default is Validation = No, but if in the form there is a field like "Validation = 1" and this user has to be validated!

Is that possible? Where i have to change the code?
Or is it possible with a global?

Thanks in advance!

Corc
Quote Reply
It seems to me the best/safest way to do this would be to automaticly validate your premium users upon receipt of payment from your payment processor.

For example, a cron event that runs a script using an API provided by the payment processor, could be used to update validation status for premium users after payment has been received.

Your normal users remain unvalidated until you manualy verify their account in your admin panel.

just my $.02

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1 In reply to
A good idea!
But i need before the feedback of Links SQL because the user choose a Username and password!
What should i do with this???

It would be the best way when i can give a flag or a special template (e.g. buy.html) where users can be register without validation!
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Direct-Login after Signup despite Validation = 1 In reply to
In Reply To:

For example, a cron event that runs a script using an API provided by the payment processor, could be used to update validation status for premium users after payment has been received.

Any idea to how I can go about doing this?

Robert
http://www.pcprofiles.com
PC Profiles and hardware reviews