Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

DMOZ - Is it possible?

Quote Reply
DMOZ - Is it possible?
Hi,

Is it possible:

I need all link i import from DMOZ will put into specific category let say 'World Wide' and the category is hiding from anybody, the link only use for search result only. If possible please let me know the step how to make it.

Please help and thanks so much.
Quote Reply
Re: [reenee] DMOZ - Is it possible? In reply to
This has been discussed before where people want to hide a category. Theoretically it is possible. You would need to use a <%loop category_loop%> on home.html to stop it showing the 'World' category. Then, unless they manually entered the category name into the URL (page URL etc), it would be near impossible for them to get to it. Results would also show up ok in the search pages.

Hope that made sense Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] DMOZ - Is it possible? In reply to
Quote:
You would need to use a <%loop category_loop%> on home.html to stop it showing the 'World' category
Hi Andy,

Can u tell me more about it .. what the code or word suppose to put after <%loop category_loop%>

Please help
Quote Reply
Re: [reenee] DMOZ - Is it possible? In reply to
I don't have time to actually explain it in real detail at the moment, as its quite indepth. I'm just about to go out shopping Wink

Sorry.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] DMOZ - Is it possible? In reply to
Its ok andy, have a good time and merry christmas :)

Anybody .. help me please