Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Creating *.cfm pages

Quote Reply
Creating *.cfm pages
I'm gradually getting to grips with LinksSQL, and would like to use .cfm extensions rather than HTML so I can include various Cold Fusion tags within the templates.

I've changed the settings within Build Setup so that the homepage is index.cfm and the file extension is .cfm. Additionally, I've modified the template filenames to *.cfm extensions rather than *.HTML.

However, I'm now encountering an error whilst trying to Build All the pages. :

Building Home Page ...
A fatal error has occured:Invalid method: site_html_home (home.html) at D:/**mypath-to-links-cgi**/admin/Links/SiteHTML.pm line 201.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Any ideas what I'm missing here? Will soon be building a Cold Fusion frontend if anybody's interested in testing later.

Any ideas?

Ross
Quote Reply
Re: [thewombat] Creating *.cfm pages In reply to
Scrap above - I have no idea why, but it's all working okay now!!

I know that generating .cfm pages loses some of the speed advantages of pur HTML, but I need to use CFM for banner management solutions and integration with rest of site. Anyway, so, yup, all working now thankyou!!

Blush
Quote Reply
I already created a simple Cold Fusion based system for a Links Management program based on the logic of Links/Links SQL (using MS SQL Server and Cold Fusion 4.5).

http://bus.colorado.edu/...active/career/links/

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

AnthroRules: Sep 23, 2001, 2:30 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Creating *.cfm pages In reply to
AAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

<thumping head against monitor>

That was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't find anything in Cold Fusion so went for GT - the latter is great, of course, but I haven't got a clue about Perl, so Cold Fusion would have been much better. Still need added functionality of GT though, so it's not a biggie. Wish I had seen that before though - you should upload to Macromedia Exchange.

Will still crack on with a CFML frontend.
Quote Reply
The "client" (Business Career Center) wanted a simple links management sytem. I did recommend most of the functionality of Links SQL, but they only wanted the features shown in the above link.

There is a robust and easy-to-use "back-end" administrative forms that allows Career Center personnel to validate or delete links, move links to multiple categories, add categories, and also add their own links in the system.

They didn't care for "popular" or "rating" listings of links. In addition, the College is reliant on the University for "mailing list" options, so we didn't need to program that.

Quote:
you should upload to Macromedia Exchange.

Thanks, but I can't really do that since the College owns the script...it is not for open-source or paid release. The only application that I've created over the past year that may be allowed to be sold to business partners is our survey script. But that is up for serious negotiations as well..

It was not very hard to create...took me about four hours to create the basic functions of the application, then a few more hours to tweak the system based on bugs and additional requests of the client. The database was a snap to create.

Quote:
Will still crack on with a CFML frontend.

Good luck...it won't be that easy since you will have to re-write all the front-end .cgi (like add, modify, etc.). I would recommend looking at creating a global login authentication CUSTOM TAG and then create an application.cfm to store the appropriate CFID and other information to allow persistant logins to occur across your scripts.

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

AnthroRules: Sep 23, 2001, 2:44 PM