Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Change eMail FROM text

Quote Reply
Change eMail FROM text
When the script sends out an eMail to notify the user that their link has been approved, the FROM eMail address is picked up from the Build section but where does it get the FROM text?

For instance, at the moment my site is sending out "mydomain.com admin" as the text for the FROM name.

I would like to change that to my name or perhaps something else but I can't find where that change can be made. Is it hard coded to the script? If so where can I edit it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Re: [kriis] Change eMail FROM text In reply to
Seems to be hard coded in Links::Tools.pm

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Change eMail FROM text In reply to
Thanks for responding PugDog.

Unfortunately all I can see is the call for db_admin_email, nothing about where/how it is configured. Can you tell me where I can reconfigure it?

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Re: [kriis] Change eMail FROM text In reply to
Did you check to make sure your db_admin_email has your email address in it?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Change eMail FROM text In reply to
I have input the correct eMail address in my Setup>Email Options and it is using that but the FROM *text* is not set here and that is what I am trying to find.

Currently it is using "mydomainname.com admin" (where mydomainname.com is my actual domain name - all in lower case letters) as the FROM text in outgoing eMails.

When you recommended that I check out the Links::Tools.pm I meant that I could see where the db_admin_email was being used but I couldn't see where the text was being called or where it was hardcoded.

--

Kriis