Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Adsense flicker (Firefox) with Glinks

Quote Reply
Adsense flicker (Firefox) with Glinks
Hi,

From what I can tell this is quite a comment problem with xHTML/CSS2 sites and Google Adsense ads, more details here:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/...flicker-problem.html
http://mtdewvirus.com/...ense-flickering-fix/

I see a similar flicker happens with the standard luna template if you use Adsense ads:

Default luna example here

When you click the search button - only seems to effect Firefox

Has anyone come accross this with their Glinks site or worked out a fix?

[edit] This deosn't effect the latest version of Opera [/edit]

Thanks,

Charlie

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: Feb 14, 2006, 8:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Adsense flicker (Firefox) with Glinks In reply to
After a bit of trial and error ;-) changing the #rightsidebar float property from left to right fixes this.

#rightsidebar {
float: right;
}

and would appear not to change that layer's position at all (in IE6, Firefox and Opera on Windows XP anyway).

Unless someone knows a reason why you shouldn't make that change?

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Adsense flicker (Firefox) with Glinks In reply to
Yeah, I've noticed the way the google ads draw, but right now, it doesn't seem to do it. Has google done something, or is there a certain condition before it happens (it seemed to always do it on page load from what I remember).

As for your change, I don't see any problems with floating it right instead of left since it'll end up in the same place anyways (unless you screw up your widths).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Adsense flicker (Firefox) with Glinks In reply to
Hi,

I see on Sitepoint they refer to Firefox having a problem with layers and dynamic content that draws on page before the page is loaded.

The flicker I'm seeing on Firefox 1.0.7 with the original luna template and css relates to the onclick event handler when any form submit button is clicked, the Adsense layer/iframe jumps to where you would see the rightsidebar if you changed the float property to none.

cheers,

Charlie

Last edited by:

Chas-a: Feb 15, 2006, 12:16 AM