Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Adding Links Through Admin...

Quote Reply
Adding Links Through Admin...
Thanks Andy for helping me with my other situation! I thought I'd separate this one into it's own thread so maybe someone can help me?

I want to have one of my employees add a few thousand links from our old site however, I'd like the link owners to be able to change them in the future. Is there a way to add links from the admin side (with the link owner's email), and allow the link owner to be able to change it in the future?

Or is there a way to add Link Owners through the admin side?

Last edited by:

Me2Be: Feb 20, 2002, 11:14 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Me2Be] Adding Links Through Admin... In reply to
Just wanted to ask this again (it's been a week since I posted it)

thanks!
Quote Reply
Hi,

What you would need to do is import your existing users first (you can do this from Database->Users->Properties->Import Data). Once the users are imported, you can add your links in either manually or import it as well.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
What you might want to do, is "dump" your old users table, with the "named columns" option, then run it as a set of mysql commands to import all your old users.

Once the users are in the table (database) you can import links with those user names in them, since "table relation" will no longer be broken.

The actual specific mechanics of how to do this depend on your situation and layout.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.