Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add_Date and time offset

Quote Reply
Add_Date and time offset
I have my date_offset set at 13.5 hours in the Admin and it works fine with building pages etc.

I noticed that the auto-filled Add_Date when adding links does not use this offset, it uses the current date in the server time zone.

Is there any way I can get this to automatically display the correct date in my time zone, perhaps by editing the default value for the Add_Date column?

I would like the timestamp to make use of the offset too but I suspect this is too difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] Add_Date and time offset In reply to
>>>I would like the timestamp to make use of the offset too but I suspect this is too difficult. <<<

Afraid not :( This is defined by your server, so unless you are on a dedicated server, then it won't be possible to change the server time. I'm not sure about the Add_Date problem though, sorry.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add_Date and time offset In reply to
Thanks for clarifying the timestamp issue Andy, I'm not on a dedicated server yet so that's not an option.

It's not a good sign if you don't know how to fix the Add_Date problem - but hopefully another MySQL guru can help me Wink.