Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add.cgi error with category_loop

Quote Reply
Add.cgi error with category_loop
Hi,

I have been tracking down a bug that has been happening ever since I implemented payments on my links installation. The problem is a Fatal error that occurs when using add.cgi to add a link in certain categories:

Quote:
A fatal error has occured:

Can't call method "File_RelativePath" on an undefined value at (eval 146) line 3.

I have found that the error only happens on categories that have an image file.

I have a custom image file field as part of the categories and if an image exists for that category, then the error happens. If I delete the image, then the payment options come up and I can add the link. When I use the admin to add the image back into the category the error happens again.

I've look at the File_Relativepath in the database and all seems to be normal. I've synced the .def file, etc. and nothing seems to work. I'm pretty sure that there is a problem with the category_loop and the generation of the category image name, but I'm just not sure how to approach fixing it. The include_form.html seems to have a complex statement surrounding the category field and I really don't want to mess with it. Has anyone run into a problem like this or can you give me some ideas how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] Add.cgi error with category_loop In reply to
It's happening on an eval, so it sounds like it could be a problem with a global. Do you have any globals calling File_RelativePath?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] Add.cgi error with category_loop In reply to
Hi,

Are you using Thumb_Images for your category stuff? If you are, it could be that something has "broken" somewhere. Has it only just started doing this, and have you done anything that could have caused it?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!