Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Yet another... How do i add top/newest xx links to non-LinksSQL pages?

Quote Reply
Yet another... How do i add top/newest xx links to non-LinksSQL pages?
I've been steady digging through threads and can't seem to find one that makes sense to me. Most are very old, or don't exactly match what I'm trying to do. So, can someone please help a person with no kind of perl skills to do the following...

I'd like to add the 5 newest links, as well as the total link count of my database to a non-LinksSQL page. (it's actually my homepage that's coded in PHP). I was also wondering for future reference how I could change it to 5 most popular or 5 top rated links.

Can someone please lend a hand?

Many thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: [misteraven] Yet another... How do i add top/newest xx links to non-LinksSQL pages? In reply to
Anyone?

Pretty please?
Quote Reply
Re: [misteraven] Yet another... How do i add top/newest xx links to non-LinksSQL pages? In reply to
Is the LinksSQL project still alive?!
Quote Reply
I have no knowledge of php - and I'm guessing this is why no-one want to answer this question! You can find lots of newest links globals in the forum:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...p;sb=score&mh=25

I think you just need to create a new template file (maybe newest.html) and have a call to your chosen global in there. Then I assume there is a way to include files within php pages, so you would include
/cgi-bin/page.cgi?p=newest