Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Recommendations on Yogi & linkssql.net scripts

Quote Reply
Recommendations on Yogi & linkssql.net scripts
I'm hesitant to use third party Plugins because of compatibility and support issues. However, I hate to reinvent the wheel when I can buy one OTS.

Yogi's PageBuilder has alot of features that fit my requirements. linkssql.net also has a few that sound good on paper. However, few have demos or documentation avail for review.

I am also worried about installing Plugins from both developers and having them step on each other's code.

Does anyone have experience with the code from either of these fellows? I'm interested in hearing qualified recommendations.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [vicos2] Recommendations on Yogi & linkssql.net scripts In reply to
Pagebuilder is excellent. Buy it.

IT DOES need an update, which will make it more excellent. But it does not crash, and appears to be pretty bug free.

IN the near future, I hope that Yogi adds:

1. The ability to allow building a file based on the site name with spaces turned into underlines or dashes. For example, for the link Titled "Gossamer Threads" , Link ID # 27 would be built as: /Site_Reports/Gossamer_Threads.html instead of /Site_Reports/Report_27.html

2. A way of choosing to NOT build a page , or limiting the page build to "x" links.

A checkbox to activate or deactivate that pages building and a

"build first X links" setting would be excellent.

3. A way of changing the build order of the PAgeBuilder pages.
Quote Reply
Yogi's plugins are syntactially good and are stable.

Last edited by:

Paul: May 11, 2003, 7:33 AM
Quote Reply
PageBuilder is very good - yes it does have some limitations but it works and is stable.

You can also control which pages not to build easily - including category pages by using conditions.

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] Recommendations on Yogi & linkssql.net scripts In reply to
Yes, you are correct, conditional page building is available in Pagebuilder.

However, there is only one example given, and I am not familiar with SQL statements, so I will guess that the average user may not get conditional page building working to his satisfaction.

Perhaps Yogi could post some examples of conditional page building and also show us some advanced uses of pagebuilder?

Pagebuilder's About:
You can enter a simple page condition SQL style (this is used for static building, as well as for dynamic displaying). This could e.g. be isPremium = Yes if you want to build/display only pages for links which have isPremium set to Yes).
Quote Reply
Re: [webslicer] Recommendations on Yogi & linkssql.net scripts In reply to
True - I am no expert on SQL statements myself but I have for example made a field in my Category entry called build_xml (Enum YES/No)

And then in PageBuilder I use condition:
build_xml=Yes

Probably a lot of ways to use it - but I have so far been needing it. I am sure people here can help if you have a specific question

Cheers
Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com