Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder Plugin

(Page 9 of 10)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I don't know what you mean by text formatting...

The plugin builds pages from templates, so you can you use all your existing globals for building all kinds of additional pages.

Does this help?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi Ivan, thanks for reply.

By formatting, I mean within a page, text has some headings, bullet listing and paragraphs. Your page is an example (see below) http://www.iyengar-yoga.com/yoga/

How do you input the content of a page in admin interface? For example, I want a sentence to be a heading, do you input the text as html code like <h1>Some Sentence</h> or use some other tags specified in the template.

I hope I have made it clear.

Long

Quote:

The Paths of Yoga
There are said to be 4 main paths (Margas), according to the Bhagavad Gita, by which to reach the ultimate goal of Yoga - "Kaivalya." There is the path of Knowledge (Jnana Marga) in which one learns to discriminate between what is real and what is illusory, the path of selfless work (Karma marga), the path of devotion (Bhakti Marga) and the path of control of the mind (Yoga Marga) where all the activities of the mind and consciousness are studied and brought under control. From these have come the various paths of yoga which can be followed.
  • Raja yoga involves mastery of the mind and senses in Samadhi; essentially the advanced aspects of Patanjali's astanga yoga.
  • Hatha yoga is the yoga of the will which involves cultivating ones energy to arouse Kundalini primarily by means of asana and pranayama.
  • Mantra yoga involves reciting sacred syllables to reach perfection.
  • Laya yoga involves absorption in god to experience ultimate bliss.
  • Bhakti yoga requires absolute devotion to god to achieve the ultimate goal.
  • Karma yoga achieves this through selfless work without thought of personal reward.
  • Jnana yoga is the yoga of knowledge cultivating the discrimination between spiritual reality and the illusion of the material world.
Quote Reply
This is just plain HTML on the template, nothing fancy.

You edit/save a template used by the plugin exactly the same way as you edit any other template used by Links SQL.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
It's still not clear to me.

In you template, is the whole content a single variable? for example
<body>
<%content%>
</body>

I want to know if I have paragraphs, bullet listing in $content, are they formatted by html code? In that case, I have to input the content in html, right?
Quote Reply
I installed this plugin and still don't quite understand why you want to build extra category or link pages, because linksql will build those pages, can somebody give me a situation that needs to build another category page for a category, althugh building simple pages makes sense to me.

Another question is if I have built a category page for a category, will linksql know that there is a extra category page there (which means pagebuilder passes a varible to linksql) and then I can edit my cateogy template to show the url if there is a extra cateogry page link this <%if extra_catgorypage%><%url_to_the_page%><%endif%>

thanks,

Long
Quote Reply
Few examples:
http://2muslims.com/...331&Title=Submit

http://2muslims.com/...ebsite&ID=224331
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi katabd ,

I know that you can put a url for a link page such as reporting dead link for every link, but if the link pages are built under some condition and some links don't have that page, so you have to use IF in link.html to only display the url IF a link page is there. Will pagebuilder pass such tag to link.html?

Long
Quote Reply
No you do not...

Just add a new field to the links table called build and set it to Yes/No.
Then in your nphbuild.cgi
add
$cond->add ('build', '=', 'Yes');
And that should do it with out the need to any if statements..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I see ... In that case, I think PageBuild plugin should hooked to site_html_link, whenever site_html_link is run PageBuild will pass a variable to it saying that "hi, I have a extra page for that link or category, please add the url to that page or do something else". So you don't need to modify any code or table, just modify your category or links template.

Long
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

When you auto-generate navigation links - ie:
home : root : page

The the plugin generates something like:
/cgi-bin/cms/page.cgi?page=pagename

I use a rewrite rule so what I need instead is:

http://www.domain.com/pagename

Where should I edit that?

Cheers
Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
After installing and playing with the plugin a while I have got some idea about wha it can do but not quite, for example, it can build simple page such as "about us" page..., OK, it can add that page (an empty page) but where you add the content to that page? Within the plugin, there is no place for me to do that. Has I understood it wrong?

Long
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
In Reply To:

I use a rewrite rule so what I need instead is:
Klaus

Klaus,
Could you share the rewrite rule are you using for pagebuilder?
Thanks
ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I'm afraid, you'll have to edit the plugin to do this.

Have a look at the sub _build_title in admin/Plugins/PageBuilder.pm

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
where you add the content to that page? Within the plugin, there is no place for me to do that.

Hi long327

Look here:

.../cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/templates/pagebuilder/local/

In there, you'll find the pages that PB has built for each of your specific PB pages. You would modify these.

HTH Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

I´m very interested in your PageBuilder Plugin.
I have the latest Links-SQL, the latest G-Community and the latest G-Forum installed on my server.

I need a CMS-system for the "Detailed-Pages".
The question is:
I would need a CMS-system where my customers can log-in and build these "Detailed Pages" (for example 5 different Detailed-Pages like "About us", "our pictures", "map how to find us", etc.) by themselves. Is it possible with G-Community that a link-owner can use his Username and Password and log-in into a CMS where he can manage his "Detailed Pages" (call it his "own" small website) ?

If this is not possible with your plugin - could you customize this for me ? Or is there another plug-in which can do this ?

Many thanks,

Erich

Last edited by:

Jack: Apr 13, 2005, 10:22 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi, I just send an e-mail to you ( info@iyengar-yoga.com ).

I would like to buy your 3 GT-plugins: PageBuilder, Attachment and LinksForum.

How can we proceed ? I would also need the installation of these plugins on my server.

BTW: I have the latest version of G-Community and Links-SQL. Are your plugins working with this latest GT-products ?

Many thanks, Erich

Last edited by:

Jack: Apr 13, 2005, 10:20 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I had the page builder plugin installed and then I had the uninstall it. After a resintalled it I began to try to use teh same pages I had created. When I do I get the following error.
A fatal error has occured:
Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at GT::SQL::Tree::parents line 729.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
hello

I just bought the plugin and I have to say that it is very useful and powerful Smile

I have one question though about static simple pages:
how do you link to them?
  • do i have to use the full path i.e. http://www.site.com/dir/page.html
  • or can is use a tag i.e. < % PageBuilderPage 1 % >
I hope the answer will be tags cause it would be useful in case of renaming, relocating pages to avoid broken links Wink

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Does this plug in works for Gossamer Links 3.0.4 ?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [tenoch] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Thanks, I Already Bought this plug in

Another question, with this plug in, may I assing a template to a Category?

I want to give a diferrent look to some categories, by country, in my glinks, example: In Argentina, Mexico and Colombia Categories, I want to use diferent templates....

If affirmative, how can I do it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
???
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm not sure everybody understands what you actually want to do. I think maybe using a specific template set per category would work for you and this doesn't actually require the pagebuilder plug-in. I am using on a Links 3.0.4 with no issues BTW.

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
I'm thinking of buying this plugin but I have some special requirements:

I want to statically build an info page for every category -
for eg: for category page "...\Antiques\index.html" I want a "...\Antiques\info.html" page build with detailed content about that category

Can it handle this or without too much modication ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter Puglisi
www.ausfreedom.com
Ultimate Freedom is our game.
Quote Reply
Re: [rocco] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi Peter

Yes, the plugin can handle this very easily.

With the plugin, you can create as many category-specific pages as you like. When creating the page with the plugin, you'll have to select the page type "Category".

Ivan
-----
> > > >