Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

What would you like to see?

Quote Reply
I currently have a couple of ideas on some Plugins to create for Links SQL. These include;

1) Redundant pages: Plugin that will run alongside nph-build.cgi to delete all pages before the categories are rebuilt. It will obviously add a bit to the generation time for pages, but it will stop redundant pages where links have been removed. Also, it will go through the /pages/ folder, and delete any un-needed folders related to categories. THIS WILL BE DANGEROUSE, so anyone using a root page building (i.e http://www.mysite.com/Cat_Name/), then I wouldn't recommend using it, as it could delete your other folders Wink

2) Template installation plugin system. This will help you install new template sets. You can either enter a URL where the template set is, or upload from your local PC... It will then unzip the template set, and install it in your templates directory, and CHMODing all the files correctly. This is one that I would really like to do, cos the template system is not the best at reporting errros via the admin when the globals.txt file could not be updated. That has caused me hours and hours of pain prior to this Frown

Shame we don't have the poll plugin installed on here :p

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What would you like to see? In reply to
Andy,

I've taken the idea from the Discussions forums, but what about a plugin that will put newly created categories on the 'New' pages?

Original Thread Here

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] What would you like to see? In reply to
Mmmm...interesting idea...I'll look into this one too Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Quote:

Less plugins made by Andy Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] What would you like to see? In reply to
Oi...watch it ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy,

This is probably a major plugin, but one that in my mind has never been really well resolved. However this would be of great benefit to lots of Links users, as it puts more power with the user.

Multiple Add/Modify Category System.

I've just started a new thread;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=225360#225360

ho hum,

Piers
Quote Reply
Check that suggestion, maybe you will like the idea and you do a plugin for it Wink:
[Suggestion] Collapsible Plugin lists

I wanted to post it here, but finally I decided to open a new thread for it, because all LSQL users are affected by that problem...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] What would you like to see? In reply to
In Reply To:
Check that suggestion, maybe you will like the idea and you do a plugin for it Wink:
[Suggestion] Collapsible Plugin lists

I wanted to post it here, but finally I decided to open a new thread for it, because all LSQL users are affected by that problem...

Mmm...interesting idea. This is something may look into .It would almost definatly require some editing to the core files, so if GT are wanting to take this on...be my guest Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Not necessarily.
Maybe it is enough to insert a new hook. Alex will do this for us, if it is well reasoned. As he added my earlier request for user_page hook.

I did not check it, just guessing... Angelic

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] What would you like to see? In reply to
Yes, but this wouldn't become active until a new version is released, and also older users won't be able to get it to work Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Yep, but plugin can be fully finished. And canbe released together with new release. Not a bad option Tongue

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support