Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

add.cgi "You must enter the Validation Code"

Quote Reply
add.cgi "You must enter the Validation Code"
Testing brand new links setup (3.2.0) and getting this when I try to add a link:

You must enter the Validation Code.

The users table shows the validation code in place and the status is registered. Also set to autovalidate links.

Any ideas?
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
What's your Green Promise?
Quote Reply
Re: [kthull] add.cgi "You must enter the Validation Code" In reply to
Is that the exact error? Because I don't see that error in the base code. Do you have any plugins installed?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] add.cgi "You must enter the Validation Code" In reply to
that's the exact error. i also noticed that adding users or links from the admin side is not filling in defaults (isPopular, Validation Code, etc.) and this was the case before the plugins were installed. Just figured it was a fluke and so I added a test user via the add.cgi and completed the email/validation process. Tested that user tonight and still came up with the error.

lots of plugins:
ace_news
captcha
contact form
cron_manager
filter_words
limitlinks add adv
modify restrict
multi categories
private message
recommend it
recommend it stats
search cache
spell checker
ultra globals
user edit profile
view system load
word press

----
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.

Last edited by:

kthull: Jan 22, 2008, 11:44 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sounds like an error related to the "CAPTCHA" plugin.

Do you have the code included in include_form.html?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] add.cgi "You must enter the Validation Code" In reply to
No, haven't added that to the form yet...makes a lot of sense.

Thanks,
Kevin

Quote Reply
ok, so after adding the CAPTCHA plugin code I now get this error when adding a link:

PHPSESSID is empty.

I've looked through the other plugins and can't tell which one might be causing problems.

On further manipulation, seems related to CAPTCHA plugin. If the CAPTCHA field is left blank, I get the Validation Code error mentioned upthread. If I enter any code, right or wrong, I get the PHPSESSID error.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited by:

kthull: Jan 23, 2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Reply
Sounds like tha captcha plugin does not work properly on some systems. With andy's private message plugin the send message page does not load and after looking through the script, I think it may be a problem related to the captcha plugin. Have you tried the private message plugin to see if that loads the page properly when you try to send a message?
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] add.cgi "You must enter the Validation Code" In reply to
Interesting...haven't played with the PM setup yet as I'm still early into the setup of the site. I've disabled captcha for the sake of testing...works fine with that off.
Kevin

Quote Reply
Hi,

My Add_RandImage does basically the same as the CAPTCHA plugin - but hopefully without the problems Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!