Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

GoCart - Auto Fill in user fields?

Quote Reply
GoCart - Auto Fill in user fields?
Hi,

Is it possible to have User fields display/auto fill fields on the billing info page of GoCart?

For example if I add a field into the user table called "phone", can I have that field auto filled in on the GoCart billing page when the user gets there?

Another field that I will need to show is the user "code". What I want to do is add that to the user table so that when a user places an order it automatically fills in the user code on the order page so I know which client the order has come from.

Could it essentially pull their first and last name etc etc etc from the user table in some way?

thanks,

Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] GoCart - Auto Fill in user fields? In reply to
Hi,

I'm trying to get the cart set up, and am having problems with the cart figuring shipping on multiple items, or even the shipping override on the variations.

Does that work for you?

Until I can get this working to spec, I'm trying not to hack on it, since I don't know what is good, and is not.

Filling in the user information is something I really want, as is "saving" the cart between sessions, like Amazon, or buy.com. Also the sort columns mentioned in another thread, and pretty much everything else ;)

If I can get this working, Aki said that there is a way to disassociate the front end from the back end, so maybe it would be possible to write a completely new interface, using the order/invoice/gateway system as the back end. People might ask why, but the process of adding things to the cart, and managing those items, is more complicated, and variable by need/preference than taking the order and finalizing it. Once the order is "OK'd", the process of billing, order tracking, invoice tracking, even shipping calculations become "standardized". The management of inventory levels, one-of-a-kinds, back orders, etc, is more variable by site's needs.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] GoCart - Auto Fill in user fields? In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

I'm trying to get the cart set up, and am having problems with the cart figuring shipping on multiple items, or even the shipping override on the variations.

Does that work for you?

I haven't tried that yet - I hope it does work though or I'll have to re-think moving over to GoCart!

I would have thought such a basic thing (in terms of shopping cart features) would have been tested and going before it was released.

Hope so - I'm about to get into it properly soon...

regan.
Quote Reply
Can someone from GT answer my original question?

Hello?

r
Quote Reply
Try this, open up the file, basic_login.form or possibly basic_signup.form. Depending on where you want the user to come in from.

In the list, simply put in something like

Code:
{
_object_type => 'hidden',
name =>. 'Bill_Email', # set the bill email column
force_value => 'me@me.com' # force the value to me@me.com initially
},

You can put in as many as those as you'd like for the fields. It will take the predefined values and put them into the form if they have never used the system before. Otherwise, if the user has purcharsed in the past, it will override the suggested settings with what they have used in previously.
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] GoCart - Auto Fill in user fields? In reply to
In Reply To:
Try this, open up the file, basic_login.form or possibly basic_signup.form. Depending on where you want the user to come in from.

In the list, simply put in something like

Code:
{
_object_type => 'hidden',
name =>. 'Bill_Email', # set the bill email column
force_value => 'me@me.com' # force the value to me@me.com initially
},

You can put in as many as those as you'd like for the fields. It will take the predefined values and put them into the form if they have never used the system before. Otherwise, if the user has purcharsed in the past, it will override the suggested settings with what they have used in previously.

Hi Aki,

Is there any way to get the force_value field to be the "Username" or "Status" from the USERS table? What I want to do is carry their initial registration details through to each order. When I put <%Username%> in the force_value field it comes through just like that without being parsed.

Regan.
Quote Reply
Bump.

I'm not sure who else to ask about this - do I post another support ticket?

r
Quote Reply
Hello Aki,

I seek a solution to associate GoCart with my directory.

I have problems with the result page of search.

How to personalize for GoCart ?

Thank you

Quote Reply
Hi Regan,

The easiest way to do this will be to modify the code. Open the file:

admin/Plugins/GOCart/Payment/Handler.pm

Then around line 125, there will be a section of code that looks similar to this:

Code:
# since this is the screen right after the user login page,
# try to prefill as much information as possible
my $profile_data = $self->load_profile->get_profile( $invoice->{data_payload}{Username} );
foreach my $column ( keys %{ $profile_data || $invoice_data } ) {
$column =~ /^CC/ and next; # do not restore CC information
next if $column =~ /validate/;
$args->{$column} = defined $invoice_data->{$column} ?
$invoice_data->{$column}
: $profile_data->{$column};
}

Right after that last bracket, you can enter in code like the following:

Code:
require Links;
$args->{Bill_Email} = $Links::USER->{Email};

Or put the value to a default setting. It's a little cumbersome but the autoloading of values from the .form files aren't working yet.
Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] GoCart - Auto Fill in user fields? In reply to
Hi Mick,

Would you be so kind as to send me details about the problem to me directly or by starting a new support ticket (usually the preferred method)?

My email is: aki@gossamer-threads.com
And the the support ticket entry page is:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/support/ (just put in the message somewhere my name so it will be directed to me)

Cheers,
Aki