Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder Plugin

(Page 10 of 10)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I had the pagebuilder working for me on version 2.x but it works on 3.x but with no selection boxes (all selection menus are expanded to selection list)... but is seems it is working.
I am just wondering if I can upgrade the old page builder with the new one so it fixes this problem..
will I lose any page..?
thanks
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I had the same problem at some point with a beta version of Gossamer Links 3.0. After upgrading to the final release of GLinks 3, the problem is no longer there. I really don't know what the problem was.

You can safely re-install the plugin, as long as you don't overwrite the existing page definitions (you'll be asked that when you re-install). Also when you uninstall, select "no" when asked whether you want to delete pages created with the plugin.

I hope this helps.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
I just installed Pagebuilder and I am trying to customize the templates to look similar to the rest of the site.

I added :
<%include include_common_head.html%>
to pb_default_simple.html and it is not pulling the CSS styles from the Luna template. The content of the include_common_head.html is the original and no modification was made to it.

What am I doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: [tariqali] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I've also come across this problem. The plugin strips out the reference and no css is included.

Did you fix it?

JeffB
GT customer for 6 years (and counting!)
Quote Reply
As you know, I have just purchased the Page Builder Plugin. I see that to make pages dynamic you use

page.cgi?page=your page...

I have my mode rewrite installed to page.cgi?g=

I would like all my pages to be dynamic but look static. How can I do something like this:

http://site.com/...category/mypage.html

dynamic,? while still having

http://site.com/...scategory/index.html

still work? I noticed that I get an error if I try to add a page mypage.html...

it will try and find mypage.html.html

Sorry if this is a redudant post. I also have a minor complaint that the select fields are all set to a whole number when they should be set to something like "1, 20", to prevent tedious scrolling; protecting the columns didin't help that cause either. Overall though, I'm quite impressed that I got what I paid for.

Thanks,

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
I have problem with PageBuilder table realated to setting access rights of the table fields, as when I view the pagebuilder table properties, I see all fields are non-editable (black - means you can not click on any of them) except of that last field "NEW MEME...." where I can click on it and make changes...

Where can I change the access rights for the pagebuilder table so it has the same access rights like any other table in LINKS...
I run dynamic... and everytime I call a page, I get the popup box asking me if I want to download the page or not.... page.cgi?page=about_us.html ....
can you please let me know .. thanks for your help...
I will try to access the fields in order to fix the drop-down slect fields issues that I reported before...
thanks much
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The pagebuilder pages will always display with the default template set. That means that if you are browsing the directory in the 'fancy' template set, and you call a pagebuilder page, the pagebuilder page will be displayed in the 'default' template set. They will not be broken, but they will just not be in the 'fancy' template set.

The problem with multiple template sets is the following: all pagebuilder templates are stored in a directory called 'pagebuilder'. This template directory inherits templates from the default template directory, i.e. you can include any template from the default template directory, without recreating them in the 'pagebuilder' directory. It is not possible to dynamically switch the inheritance behaviour, i.e. it is not possible to include header files from several directories. Does that make sense?

In the future, each template directory (e.g. 'default' and 'fancy') will have it's own pagebuilder template directory, (i.e. 'default_pb' and 'fancy_pb'). When you define a page, you will be able to indicate for which template set the page will be built/displayed (e.g. for 'default' and/or 'fancy' and/or 'yahoo' etc).

Is it nowadays possible to define the template-set for a single pagebuilder-template? I couldn't find any functionallity/instructions how to do it.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Thanks for the explanation; was very useful; however, I am still confused on how to change the properties of the tables so I can edit the coloumns (change access rights on PB columns) this I think will resolve my issues.
Oh.. I do not have a template set called "default" I have only "luna" and my own copy of it which is "myluna" and also one more called pageBuilder.. I use 3.x but I also have the same problem with the 2.x. Wondering how can I fix these issues.. cause everytime I call the pb (aboutus.htm) I get a download box... because of the access rights of the pb table...
thanks much
Mark
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

I need some help with the "Page Condition" field. I have created Category page and I need it to print ONLY the new links form each category ( currently for XML feeds ) so I tryed adding isNew = 'Yes'. It wont build. I mean if it is "Link Page" it works , but for Category Pages... I found out that it looks INSIDE the lsql_Category table and there is no 'isNew' so I need another conditional statment that will tell the script to look inside the lsql_Links table for isNew information. Please, help me with the right SQL command here....Unsure

Greatly appreciated,
Koki
Quote Reply
Still have the same problem with the columns of pb table... they show "Read Only" ...
Can you please help resolve this issue.
thank you...
Quote Reply

I am having problems with this plugin. I have default template directory with html in the 'include header' template. I then created a simple page in page builder. I then placed <%include include_header.html%> in the pb_default_simple.html template and then build pages. The include header template does not show in the simple page I created. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Quote Reply
to bring it up again.....

is it possible to define another than the default template-set for a pagebuilder-generated site?

this would be very useful for developing new templates/websitelayouts or even for allowing user's
to switch styles/templates.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Oct 26, 2006, 4:34 AM
Quote Reply
Hi
Is this plugin or anything similar still available for the latest build of Links?

Thanks

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: [Mike_H] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi Mike:

Works fine for me with the latest version of gLinks.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi
Thanks for the reply. You don't seem to be able to buy it anymore and no response from the author.

Anyone know if it still around?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Hi Manu:

I know this is an old post, and you've probably already solved it, but the easiest way to use alternate template sets with PageBuilder is as follows:-

Option 1:

<%include /use/full/path/to/include_file.html%>

Option 2:

Edit the .tplinfo file as follows:-

The below assumes you are using the luna template set and you also have includes in your local directory.

{ inheritance => '../luna','../luna/local' }

The beauty of option 2 is that PageBuilder firstly checks the /luna directory and if the include does not exist then checks the /luna/local directory. I've tested this and it works perfectly.

By using option 2 you can use the normal methods of <%include include_file%>.

I know there has been some lengthy debate about this in other threads and hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi,

I'm interested in buying the PageBuilder plugin, but this doesn't seem to be possible through Yogi's website anymore and he doesn't answer emails.

Any ideas?

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: [mrrob] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. worrying - even his paypal account doesn't seem active :/

Quote:
This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

Hope he's ok Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [mrrob] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Sorry for the troubles.

The plugin is still available, and it works perfectly with the latest version of Gossamer Links.

My PayPal account should now work again, so you can again buy the PageBuilder plugin.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins

Last edited by:

yogi: Dec 22, 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

Thank you to give news.

But, I must say that I currently do not recommend the purchase of your plugins.

For example, your plugin attachment poses many problems.

I contacted you on several occasions, but you do not answer. Mad

You think of bringing a help again ?

Thank,
> >