Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook

Quote Reply
[New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook
Hi,

A while ago I needed to connect one of my GLinks installations to Facebook but nobody seemed to wrote such a plugin, so I sit down and coded it myself, after few months of testing I'm now releasing it as plugin for GLinks.

You can buy the plugin from
http://www.zaaron.net/gt[/url]

Price[/b]: $50

Description[/b]:

SocialAuth Plugin for GLinks helps you simplify and enhance user registration and sign-in by using Facebook (twitter coming soon) as your login system.
Supports OAuth - Facebook newest authorization method only.
Supports cookie based and/or remote auth.

Admin options[/b]:

Option for including/ask for more permissions from the user.
Option for disabling cookie based auth (i.e. if you don't use Facebook JS SDK).
Autoupdate user profile from user's Facebook account data on every login.

Facebook fields available - Full Name, First Name, Last Name, Birthday, Gender, Default profile image

Works in dynamic and static mode![/b]

Requires Net::SSLeay and MIME::Base64 perl modules to be installed in order to work!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
[New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook and Twitter In reply to
Just released new version of SocialAuth - 1.1.0

Now with support for Twitter authorisation as well Wink

More information on http://www.zaaron.net/gt/

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
[New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.2.2 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook and Twitter In reply to
New version for SocialAuth is out now - 1.2.2

Comes with support for Google+ in addition to Facebook and Twitter =)

Visit http://www.zaaron.net/gt/ for more info.

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] [New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook In reply to
Hi Boris,

It is very a good work! I also appreciate your availability and your support. :)

Thanks again!

Mick
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] [New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook In reply to
Thanks for a great plugin! I am looking forward to more social networks being added. Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas.] [New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook In reply to
He beat me to it on this one ;) I was working (and had working) a copy using a 3rd party system for logging in on pretty much any social media site available. I have it working on a site I'm creating, but just didn't have time to convert into a plugin. Ah well, you win some you loose some Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas.] [New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook In reply to
Mick, Tomas thank you as well :)

And yes you guessed it right! More are coming, stay tuned ;)

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook In reply to
Andy, didn't know it's a race. I was solving my own problems, but oh well, the wisest mind has something yet to learn :)

Now seriously, I looked in to your implementation and IMHO it's good but have limitations and there are recurring monthly payments involved. Which I might imagine is not acceptable for most people.

And in these days where everyone tries to steal your personal data even one more middle man is too much ... at least for me.

No offence, just my thoughts :)

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
hehe its not a race Angelic

Quote:
I was solving my own problems

Me too :) I was gonna make it into a plugin (I may still do, if/when I find some time to do it) ... but for now it works perfectly for what I need.

Quote:
MHO it's good but have limitations and there are recurring monthly payments involved. Which I might imagine is not acceptable for most people.

True. The system I use allows for 2500 signups a month for free, which is far more than most people would need... thats why I went for it.

Quote:
And in these days where everyone tries to steal your personal data even one more middle man is too much ... at least for me.

Again, very true - but all they can grab if the username/email/first/last name, so not a huge amount of data. Also, they are used by quite a few large sites - so its not really in their interest to get themselves a bad name by stealing data Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook In reply to
Quote:
The system I use allows for 2500 signups a month for free

Hmm, they state for the free plan it's per year? Shocked

Quote:
but all they can grab if the username/email/first/last name, so not a huge amount of data
Call me paranoid if you want: email/first/last name, next thought I'm having after these is ... more SPAM Frown

Anyway, I do prefer direct communication with the API provider.

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
Quote:
Hmm, they state for the free plan it's per year? Shocked

Ah ok, maybe it is per year - just got back from holiday so its not fresh in my mind Blush Still, I would LOVE to get 2500 signups to my site in one year hehe

Quote:
Call me paranoid if you want: email/first/last name, next thought I'm having after these is ... more SPAM Frown

Anyway, I do prefer direct communication with the API provider.

Yup, well I would also agree with you there. The problem with the API calls is that they keep on changing as the technology does. At least with this 3rd part system, they keep it all up to date, which leaves me to concentrate on the finer details on the site Smile I would *love* to be able to spend time learning up on all the different Social Media API systems, but some of the documentation (ie FB) is so old, it confuses you just reading different versions of it. What they really need to do, is mark documents as "outdated" when they are no longer in use. Just my 2 cents Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Yes, I agree, it's a matter of personal preferences/objectives =)

This is a long topic to discuss though, so if you ever coming to London drop me a msg for a pint Wink

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
hehe I was just talking to someone else about going to London. I live about 50 miles away, but VERY rarely go there due to the traffic Wink (I didn't realise you were in the UK Whistle)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
[New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.3.0 - Authorise GLinks users with Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn In reply to
Ok, back on the topic =)

New version for SocialAuth is out now - 1.3.0

Comes with support for LinkedIn addition to Facebook, Twitter and Google+ =)

Great addition for site which target professionals!

Visit http://www.zaaron.net/gt/ for more info. Sly

Any thoughts about the next API that should be implemented? Whistle

Cheers,
Boris

Last edited by:

eupos: Jun 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Quote Reply
[New Plugin] SocialAuth v1.4.0 - Now adds support for Foursquare, Microsoft ID and Yahoo ID In reply to
Hello everyone, how are you?
Olympics are over and we have nice and pleasant showers here in UK /well, it's hardly a news/ Laugh

But to the point Smile

Got some free time and here is the result, brand new version of SocialAuth - 1.4.0

Supports:
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Google
- LinkedIn
- (new) Foursquare
- (new) Microsoft ID (former Live ID and soon requirement if you want to login in your new Windows 8)
- (new) Yahoo ID

Changes:
- Adds support for custom url redirection by simply adding &url=http://custom/redirect/path to your auth_url
- Improved upgrade routine - now you don't have to reenter your API keys after upgrade
- Improved error handling
- Improved return_url handling
- Removed some code in favour of using build-in GLinks functionality.

Say welcome to your new users :)

For more information and to purchase visit http://www.zaaron.net/gt/

Cheers,
Boris

Last edited by:

eupos: Aug 29, 2012, 8:58 AM