Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories

Quote Reply
I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories
Quote Reply
Re: [drbard] I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories In reply to
First of all, you may wanna try asking a bit nicer Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories In reply to
In Reply To:
First of all, you may wanna try asking a bit nicer Wink

Cheers

Smile

I want to create a various quantity of categories build_links_per_page for different links.
Quote Reply
Re: [drbard] I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories In reply to
Well, I'm not quite sure if anyone is going to be able to give you a straight answer. Its probably quite a long winded process, which I don't think anyone will be able to dedicate enough time to give you a free answer. If you don't mind waiting, then feel free too. If you want to get this done quickly, then I would suggest posting in the 'Custom Modifications' forum.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
First, what is your reason to have different build_links_per_page for different categories?

Secondly, this is not really easy process as build_links_per_page feature is the main part of the page.cgi process flow. Correct solution would be only possible with plugin, however workaround is possible with global. But even with plugin, it's only possible if the original code is replaced, so you should have a *very good* reason to ask for such thing...
I would not suggest such strong intervention to the original code with a plugin, for a such relatively small change... That's why I say you would have very strong reason to ask for such plugin.

Thirdly, another solution would be to contact Alex & GT and ask them for such feature to have implemented. However they are very busy, so there is not too much chance to get this feature into next LSQL release. Perharps if you really need this feature, and you might offer money for GT for such feature, there might be more chance to get this feature into next release... That's unusual anyway, and it's just an idea.
One solution could get implemented into the core LSQL code to manage an lpp=10 URL parameter, so could be possible to change links per page anytime, or other could be to have a similar solution for links per page, like how the category template is solved.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories In reply to
I am altering "Links SQl" for the Products Catalogue,
In case that there are different numbers of fields and
different volumes of descriptions for different categories,
pages are generated for one category having size of 25-30 Kbs,
for other - having size 250-300 Kbs...
Use static page...

In this case it's very important for me that for different
categories different quantities of links should be for output.
Quote Reply
Quote:
different volumes of descriptions for different categories,
pages are generated for one category having size of 25-30 Kbs,
for other - having size 250-300 Kbs...
Hmmm. Seems reasonable.

Quote:
different numbers of fields
This is not possible in LSQL to have different numbers of fields...
How did you achieved this?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] I want to create a various quantity build_links_per_page for different categories In reply to
In Reply To:
Quote:
different numbers of fields
This is not possible in LSQL to have different numbers of fields...
How did you achieved this?

I've made different links per different categories

and

template catigories...
Quote Reply
I've made different <%links%> per different categories...

Smile
Quote Reply
Still not clear, how you did this in the code?
Using global, plugin, or modifying the core code?

Still not clear what database structure you use for that task?
Using the Links table you will have same number of fields anyway.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support