Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ New Plugin ] Expire_Links

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Email Notice In reply to
So, what you want, is a drop down box in the plugins settings, which can be set to 'Delete' or 'Flag' ... when you say 'flag' do you mean literally a flag, or deactivate it, and then show it up via the plugin area I was talking about earlier?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Email Notice In reply to
I meant, lietrally, to "flag" the item, with an image, or text (like popular) in the templates. That would be up to the person editing the templates.

So in the plugin admin, you could set it to either delete upon expiration, or flag upon expiration. Smile
Quote Reply
Hi. I don't see any reason why I couldn't add this. I'll try and get onto it today...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok...I've brought out version 2, which has most of the features you guys have requested Smile Please use this thread now;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=234200#234200

I'm working on version 2b, which will work on a slightly different idea...whereas the admin sets the End_Date, and then expires the links when todays date => End_Date....

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ New Plugin ] Expire_Links In reply to
I want to be able to control the expiration date of each link individually. So I thought maybe you guys could give me your opinion on this!

Could I create a new column in Links called End_Date and set the default value to the date 3003-11-17. Then use End_date for the Date_Field in the Expire_links plugin so that I could then change the date entered to whatever date I want the individual link to expire on +7. Then set the Expiry_Date to 7 days.

Would this do the trick as far as being able to control the expiration dates for links individually or would this more than likely screw up my site? It seems like it should work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] [ New Plugin ] Expire_Links In reply to
The way the Expire_Links plugin works, is by checking the field (default Mod_Date), and then adding x number of days onto that date. It then compares this date to the current date, and if it matches, it then deactivates the account.

The only real way you could get around this, is by modifying the actual Mod_Date (or your own custom field). For example, if we modified a link today, the Mod_Date would be set to 10th Nov 2003. If, for example, we have links set to expire after 3 days... then it would expire on the 13th of November.

Now, if we have a custom date field (which the plugin is setup to allow), you can just leave the value blank, and Expire_Links will just ignore those links, and never deactivate them. If you wanted to make the links stay in your system longer, you could just do something change the date.... for example;

instead of 10th Nov 2003, which would expire on the 13th, you could enter 16th Nov 2003, which would then expire on the 19th.

Does any of that make sense? Crazy

I'm working on re-writing this plugin in a while, so that the 'Expire_Date' is literal...i.e it holds the value of 10-12-2003, and it will expire on the 10th of Dec 2003.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ New Plugin ] Expire_Links In reply to
I ran into one problem trying to do this. When I create a new column End_date the script automatically assigns todays date to all links in the directory. Is there a way to create this column without having todays date assigned to all links? I wanted it to leave this field blank on all links.

Craven
> >