Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Two questions on page building and links id

Quote Reply
Two questions on page building and links id
Hi,

1. Is it possible to building pages category by category? If I select 'Build changed' or 'build all' or build staggered', its draining server resources. So if I can select which category I want to build or I can eliminate some categories etc. any idea on this?

2. There are so many dead links. What others are doing? Say I have 5 links. 1,2,3,4,5
If I delete resource 3, then there will be a gap. So is there any way, I can make 1,2,4,5 links to 1,2,3,4 ? Some hundreds of links in my database, I deleted them.

thanks, any advice is much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] Two questions on page building and links id In reply to
In reply to point 2, don't worry about the ID number - it's of no interest to the end user, it is only used to keep track of links throughout the database.

It is accepted practice when working with databases not to 'reuse' IDs that have previously contained records and been deleted. It leads to confusion and ID numbers are an unlimited resource, so why not use them Wink.
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] Two questions on page building and links id In reply to
Atleast anybody can develop a module to build pages of only selected categories? I will pay for it.

thanks, heg
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] Two questions on page building and links id In reply to
where I can contact a programmer who is familiar with linkssql to built this module for me?

thanks, heg