Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Modifing SearchLogger Plug to display more results? >>

Quote Reply
Modifing SearchLogger Plug to display more results? >>
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify Alex's SearchLogger Plugin to display more than 25 results? It would be nice to see 200-300 logged terms so not to miss as much of what people are searching. I've tried to change a few parts of the plugin code but continued to get only 25 logged results. Guess I may be missing something. Thought it was time to ask the experts.

Thanks a lot for any help any of you can provide! Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] Modifing SearchLogger Plug to display more results? >> In reply to
I did some changes to this plugin a long time ago - I can't remember what I've changed though so I've attached the whole file so you can compare it to what you have - or just use it.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Modifing SearchLogger Plug to display more results? >> In reply to
Excellent! Laugh

I just replaced the original SearchLogger.pm with your modified version, and It's works better that I had even hoped. Really like the page spanning. This version should be uploaded to the plugins area to replace the other version.

Thanks ever so much.

BTW- I'm planning on buying your ExtraStats plugin soon as I get some other work finished up.
Quote Reply
Well, I thought all was working fine with the modified SearchLogger.pm until I noticed today that my Search was down. Here's the debug log before I replaced the SearchLogger.pm with the original to get my search results working again...

Looks as If I'm missing a .def. Thanks for any help with this error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fatal error has occured:

GT::SQL (31819): File '/home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/defs/lsql_SearchLogDaily.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins/SearchLogger.pm line 181.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (31819): Links::environment called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.
Links (31819): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::error line 362 with arguments
(GT::SQL (31819): File '/home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/defs/lsql_SearchLogDaily.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins/SearchLogger.pm line 181.
).
Links (31819): GT::Base::error called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62 with arguments
(GT::SQL=HASH(0x82e761c), FILENOEXISTS, FATAL, /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/defs/lsql_SearchLogDaily.def).
Links (31819): GT::SQL::Base::table called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins/SearchLogger.pm line 181 with arguments
(GT::SQL=HASH(0x82e761c), SearchLogDaily).
Links (31819): Plugins::SearchLogger::log_query called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 118 with arguments
(HASH(0x861bc18)).
Links (31819): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Links/User/Search.pm line 67 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins, search_results, CODE(0x81a9ec4), HASH(0x82eda04)).
Links (31819): Links::User::Search::search called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Links/User/Search.pm line 48 with no arguments.
Links (31819): Links::User::Search::handle called at /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 91 with no arguments.
Links (31819): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at search.cgi line 25 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/Plugins, handle_search, CODE(0x81a9ab8)).
Quote Reply
>>>File '/home/htdocs/users/username/username/mydomain.com/cgi-bin/search/admin/defs/lsql_SearchLogDaily.def' does not exist<<<

Was there ever such a file? Looks like there wasn't/isn't.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Sorry - I obviously have a very different version of SearchLogger!

I seem to remember that I got mine from the forum because it was a more up-to-date version but I can't really remember as it was a long time ago.

I'll have a look and see whether I can find it.

You may just have to do a compare on your file and mine to get the bits you want if you want to keep using your version.
Quote Reply
Here it is:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=175351#175351

I don't understand why this isn't the version which you can download though.

Last edited by:

afinlr: Sep 11, 2003, 3:29 PM
Quote Reply
Thanks again for your help. If I'm understanding this correctly, Pugdogs version was never uploaded to the Plugins Area. Guess I'll have to play around with the different versions and see what I can come up with.

Laters