Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

AdvertPro Plugin - Displaying Search Result Banners

Quote Reply
AdvertPro Plugin - Displaying Search Result Banners
Hello,

I would be gratefull for some help. The docs are wrong :) and Iv'e figured the other stuff out but the followng does not work:

The docs say: 2. In AdvertPRO, edit the banners you want to be targeted as to add the keywords you want associated with which banners.

Issue: In the latest and greatest of AdvertPro banners DO NOT have keyword. ONLY Campaigns have keywords.

If I assign keywords to a Campaign and then insert <%Plugins::AdvertPRO::display_search_region('8')%> in search_results.html nothing happens. Just the normal rotation of banners.

Could someone please document a step by step on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by:

Steve_S: Aug 14, 2003, 12:09 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Steve_S] AdvertPro Plugin - Displaying Search Result Banners In reply to
Hi,

Have you set delivery method to "keywords only" in the campaign bit?

Cheers
Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Steve_S] AdvertPro Plugin - Displaying Search Result Banners In reply to
Have you tried adding the keywords to the campaigns? Campaigns then must belong to a region. Try putting the keywords on the campaigns, and then make the campaings belong to a region called search_targeted and use this region for your keywords display banners.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks,

Mel
Mel Goulet
Developer - Gossamer Threads, Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mel_g] AdvertPro Plugin - Displaying Search Result Banners In reply to
Klaus and Mel,

Thank you! those tips fixed the issue. Also for others, Set the plug-in to HTML and NOT SSI. This insures your creatives appear on dynamic pages like *.cgi

:)

geek/talk Forums @ GeekVillage.com
Quality Forums For Webmasters & Merchants