Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1
Hi,

Originally, this plugin was written for a client - but I haven't heard back from him in over 2 weeks, so I'm having to make this plugin public - to try and re-coup some of the time it took me to write it. Details are as follows:

Details: http://www.ultranerds.com/...x_Version/ToDo_L215/

About:

This plugin lets your users setup a "to-do" list of tasks they need to do. It works with both adding a "to-do" entry for a specific link - and also just general tasks. It also lets them edit and delete these listings from their user interface.

Price: $35

Plugin Requirements:
  • Gossamer Links 3.0.1+

Features:
  • Lets your users add a to-do listing for either a link, or without a link (allows them flexability as to what they want to set the to-do for)
  • Easy templates - pre made to work out of the box with the luna template set.
  • Lets them delete their to-do entries
  • Lets them modify their to-do listings.

Screenshot:

There are some screenshots on our site, http://www.ultranerds.com/...x_Version/ToDo_L215/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1 In reply to
Andy,

Can you combine this with the calenadar plugin and possibly also make a reminder function that they can setup for their tasks? That will make it a full calendar/task manager. Also, if possible we can only allow the calendar/task plugin for certain users and not all those who signup for an account (but that is not very important).

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] [NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1 In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. I'll see what I can do. Not really that easy to incorporate - but I'll have a go later today / next week.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I test your plugin and I have some problems.

1) Column Date cannot be left blank at todo.cgi line 125.
2) Invalid SiteHTML method: site_html_todo_view (todo_view.html). The template does not exist in 'xxx'.
3) Edit gives a white page.
4) The plugin does not take account of the tag <%escape_html xxx%> (for security...)

There is a solution to correct these problems ?

Thank,

O.

Last edited by:

Oyo: Dec 16, 2007, 9:07 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] [NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1 In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
1) Column Date cannot be left blank at todo.cgi line 125.

Whoops, should be fixed now =) (in version available from members area)

Quote:
2) Invalid SiteHTML method: site_html_todo_view (todo_view.html). The template does not exist in 'xxx'.

Mmm.. odd - I can't seem to replicate this. If you still have this problem with the new version, please send me as URL where I can see it happening, and I'll look into it for you.

Quote:
3) Edit gives a white page.

Again, I can't replicate this :/ What browser are you using? A URL will help again to see this problem in action.

Quote:
4) The plugin does not take account of the tag <%escape_html xxx%> (for security...)

I've added this into the new version - however, its not really a "security" issue =) (it just makes the code cleaner, so if they enter " it replaces it with &quot;, to stop it printing out like:

value="something " bla"

..which is invalid HTMl. It would convert it to:

value="something &quot; bla"

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you Andy,

The modifications are perfect. :)
It is a very useful plugin !

It is possible to obtain an adaptation ?

For the date I would like this :

Add Date :
End Date :

2 days before End_Date, the user is informed by email.

Is that possible ?

For security.

I must use Form Regex ?

Thank you for your answer.

O
Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] [NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1 In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
The modifications are perfect. :)
It is a very useful plugin !

Great Smile

Quote:
It is possible to obtain an adaptation ?

For the date I would like this :

Add Date :
End Date :

2 days before End_Date, the user is informed by email.

Is that possible ?

Mmm.. I don't think I can warrent doing this on the whole plugin - but if you would like some custom work done, then that will be possible.

Quote:
For security.

I must use Form Regex ?

Sorry, not sure what you mean? All the fields are checked when submitting the new "to-do" - so there shouldn't be any security issues :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've actually now added in those requested features anyway.

The user can select if they want to recieve an email 2 days before the event actually occurs. They can set a "Yes / No" option for each ToDo entry, so basically can select only ones they want to be alerted of via email :)

This new version (1.2) is now available from the Members Area on our site.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy,

To install the new vesion of the plugin, do we have to delete the old pulgin and all related files or just import the new zip file from the plugin panel and install it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] [NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1 In reply to
Hi,

It should be as simple as just adding the following new field:

Code:
Name: AlertByEmail
Type: INT

Form Type: SELECT
Form Names:

Form Values:

Yes
No

No need to delete the old tables etc :) Then, just install the new version.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just found a little bug in this version. Its all updated now, and I've released version 1.2.1 to the Members Area.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

How about couple of suggestions for the plug-in:

1. Date Option: Instead of having to input date manually if there was javascript like this, it would be awesome. Example: http://www.expedia.com/default.asp
2. Alert by Email: Can this option be modified so that, it shows. Remind at: (like outlook xp)

New Feature
1. Recurring Reminder.. Like weekly or monthly reminder .. some feature like outlook xp has.

Thanks for the great plugin buddy.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] [NEW PLUGIN] ToDo v1 In reply to
Hi,

I like the 1st and 2nd ideas - but not so sure about the 3rd (at least not yet).

I need to get a few other bits finished off first (like the Affiliate plugin ;)), and a couple of custom jobs.. but I'll look at it after that.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Make sense I understand. Also, while you are working on second one... how about changing the email reminder time as a drop down select, where user selects time from the dropdown list at 1, 2, 3, 4, .. 12.. for hours... 1, 2, 3... 60 for minutes... and AM or PM for morning or evening, like cron setup. As not all appointments are set at exact 2pm or 3pm.. but instead of asking user to input am or pm.. a select box can make just much easier.

Thanks a lot and much appreciate it.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi,

Version 1.3 is now available from the Members Area of our site. This version includes a cool DHTML date selector function, to make it easier for your users to find the date they want to add (without having to type it in :))

http://www.ultranerds.com/...x_Version/ToDo_L215/

Example screenshot attached.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
ToDo v1.4 In reply to
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.4.

This includes a few new features:

1) The ability to set times via a SELECT field (for both start and end times)
2) Nicer formatting on the users pages (i.e instead of just showing 0:00 for midnight, as the other version did - it will not show 12:00am)
3) Option for sending out a "warning" up to 14 days prior to the event happening (this is options, per listing)

You can see new screenshots, and details here: http://www.ultranerds.com/...x_Version/ToDo_L215/

If you are upgrading from a previous version - you need to delete your old "glinks_ToDo" table, and also /admin/defs/glinks_ToDo.def file. Then, be sure to remove the /admin/templates/luna/local/todo_*.html templates, otherwise you won't see the new features :)

If you require the plugin to be updated, without having to remove your data - please PM me, and I can upgrade it for you [for a fee I'm afraid, as its not the quickest job, due to all the new fields etc], without loosing any data :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk