Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Help Desk Integration

(Page 4 of 4)
> >

Re: [Heckler] Help Desk Integration [Food for thought] In reply to
Sorry Im afraid I don't agree.

Im making a modified version for Links SQL therefore this thread is in the correct place.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 9, 2002, 9:05 AM

Re: [RedRum] Help Desk Integration [Food for thought] In reply to
Well, again, then the issues I've provided are relevant to LINKS SQL, and thus you should consider addressing them rather than dismissing them and saying that the script is standalone at this time.

pugdog, step in anytime...please.

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Heckler: Jan 9, 2002, 9:14 AM

>>
Well, again, then the issues I've provided are relevant to LINKS SQL, and thus you should consider addressing them rather than dismissing them and saying that the script is standalone at this time.
<<

You're missing the point. The script isn't built around the Links SQL code therefore I can't (and don't want to) use the Links SQL routines and functions, however it _is_ being integrated with Links SQL for customer support. It will allow Links SQL users to access the support system if they are a valid Links SQL user.

It isn't a general perl script so the perl/cgi forum isn't the correct place and it isn't a plugin so that is also the wrong forum. It is a standalone script that has the ability to integrate with Links SQL

Quote:

You're missing the point. The script isn't built around the Links SQL code therefore I can't (and don't want to) use the Links SQL routines and functions, however it _is_ being integrated with Links SQL for customer support.

You are contradicting yourself...how can this be integrated with Links SQL without using any of its code...Please shed some light on this...

Again, I think that the discussion now has totally diverted from LINKS SQL focus and should be moved to a non-Links SQL forum until the time that you are prepared to provide instructions on hacking LINKS SQL to integrate with your stand-alone script.

Because people will have to hack the code if you don't have any intention of making a plugin for the script that will seamless integrate with Links SQL...

Again, I agree with pugdog's earlier argument, since you are not using LINKS SQL codes to build this script, it really doesn't belong in the LINKS SQL forums.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

This is the last time I'll explain it - from then on I'll assume it is in the correct place until someone with authority such as Alex tells me otherwise.

>>
You are contradicting yourself...how can this be integrated with Links SQL without using any of its code...Please shed some light on this...
<<

Just because it is integrated doesn't mean it has to use Links SQL code.

>>
Again, I think that the discussion now has totally diverted from LINKS SQL
<<

Thats not my doing.

>>
Because people will have to hack the code if you don't have any intention of making a plugin for the script that will seamless integrate with Links SQL...
<<

Of course they won't thats the whole point of doing what Im doing...sigh.

>>
Again, I agree with pugdog's earlier argument, since you are not using LINKS SQL codes to build this script, it really doesn't belong in the LINKS SQL forums.
<<

It belongs in this forum if it relates to Links SQL which it _does_ so please stop telling me where and when not this thread should be.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 9, 2002, 10:52 AM

Quote:

You seem to have a clear aim to cause disruption in this thread so I'd appreciate you to cease. I don't mind constructive criticizm or ideas but when you turn yet another thread into an argument then it really does start to get on my nerves. As you can see you are winding me up right now

No need to get "wound-up", Paul...Can't take a little criticism or debate over isses???

Don't confuse my devil advocacy with being disruptive. I am asking you legitimate questions that I hope will improve the whatever (plugin, add-on, bandaid-on, etc.) script you are writing. And I thought that you are receptive to debating and disagreeing on issues...and that anyone has the right to post whatever (within reason) in the forums. Are you now contradicting yourself yet again???

Quote:

I'm really getting tired of this. I've tried to be totally nice to you but without fail you make malicious remarks.

As have I, Paul. I was nice enough to point out your errors in database design, which would've raved havic on trying to create a plugin that would connect with LINKS SQL later on and also that using a flat file approach with a software package designed for relational databases is a waste of time and effort. And with little gratitude and respect from you, I might add.

Here are some more questions:

Quote:

Just because it is integrated doesn't mean it has to use Links SQL code.

1) Okay...I can understand that...you are looking at creating something like "Ad Cycle" and then allow users to "connect" it via some plug-in, correct?

Fine, that is fine and dandy. But don't ya think, that this thread would be better in the Links Plugins or Links Plugin Authors forum. Seems totally out of place in the general Links SQL Discussion Forum.

2) Don't you think it would be easier to "integrate" if you at least built in similar logic of Links SQL into your standalone product?

Fine and dandy that you want to write your own script. I can respect that...but diverting totally away from the logic of a script that you later want to integrate with seems like a lot of back-tracking that you're going to have do later on.

Just trying to provide some advice...which in most cases, you chose to leave...but that's fine...may be others will be helped by my posts.

See ya and have a wonderful day, Paul...I mean that...Wink
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

>>No need to get "wound-up", Paul...Can't take a little criticism or debate over isses???<<

I most certainly can but when you continue to tell me that the thread is in the wrong forum without clearly understanding what Im doing then that does get a bit annoying.

>>And I thought that you are receptive to debating and disagreeing on issues...and that anyone has the right to post whatever (within reason) in the forums. Are you now contradicting yourself yet again??? <<

Read my first point.

>>As have I, Paul. I was nice enough to point out your errors in database design, ....And with little gratitude and respect from you, I might add. <<

I said I was grateful for you help....what else do you want me to do - kiss your feet?

Im not interested in the rest. I just would LIKE this thread to get back to it's original purposeful helpful useful topic.

If you don't like the way Im writing my script then go and write your own for Links SQL users instead of criticizing others trying to do something productive for the Links SQL community..

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 9, 2002, 10:59 AM

At the very least, this thread belongs in the Plugins area, not the Discussions. It probably belongs in the CGI/PERL area, since it really _isn't_ LinksSQL related in the spirit of this forum.

Honestly guys, I've thought about it a long time, and here's the poop:

1) This is too long, and getting personal, so I'm locking it.

2) I'm moving it to the Plugins forum, giving it the benefit of the doubt.

3) To continue this, start a Help Desk Integration 2 thread.

4) Please, leave the personal stuff out of it. This is the first Link SQL thread I've had to even look at, much less do anything with. This has been a nice playground, and I'd like to keep it that way!!

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
> >