Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Recip_Link customization
Hi

We have set up a new field called isLinking (Yes, No) in the links table....
We are asking users after submitting their link to send us an email if they will link to our site on the submitted site..so we can set that value to Yes

No we want a way to automatically check the links those have the value at Yes to make sure they still have the link set up and if not change it back to No and if possible send them an email telling them that it was changed..

Now that sounds like the Recip_Link plug in that Andy has.. BUT I could not figure out a way to modify it to do the above..
Any ideas?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Recip_Link customization In reply to
Mine should work like that. Your best bet would be to use the default field values though, HasRecip.

Quote:
No we want a way to automatically check the links those have the value at Yes to make sure they still have the link set up and if not change it back to No and if possible send them an email telling them that it was changed..

check.cgi should do this. You can set it up to run via cron, and it will then go through your database, and see if they have a link to your site (set in the plugin). If they don't, it will set the HasRecip field to 'No' automatically.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Recip_Link customization In reply to
In Reply To:
check.cgi should do this. You can set it up to run via cron, and it will then go through your database, and see if they have a link to your site (set in the plugin). If they don't, it will set the HasRecip field to 'No' automatically.

Cheers

Hi ANdy

I want to set the field to Yes the first time MYSELF not automatically.
THEN the check.cgi will only check those links I have set to Yes, and change the once those do not have the link back to NO then email the owner telling them that it was changed.

I think those are two major differences in the way your plug in works..
If this can be changed I would love to use your plug in as I am a witness on how smooth they run and how dood they are written.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory