I would like get this version too.

Best Regards

eljot

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] Smart Expire In reply to
For those of you who would like this version, please PM me. I wanna really keep this thread for v2, without the mods Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Smart Expire In reply to
I've re-uploaded the Expire_Links plugin to the download area now. For some reason, a 'roague' version managed to get into there... This version *DOES NOT* expire the links. If you have installed this plugin within the last 2 months, please UPGRADE now.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Smart Expire In reply to
Another update Smile

There was a problem in the plugin, which caused category counts to be out of 'sync' with their true values.

This new version should take care of this. You can download the plugin from my site (see link in signature).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ Update ] Expire_Links v2 In reply to
I just wanted to say thanks to Andy for this great plug-in. It works very well and is pretty straight forward and simple. I've seen some questions about trial periods and renewals and such, so I thought I'd share what I have done.

First, I create a date called 'Purchase_Date', and put the date the link was purchased in it. Next, I added a renewal link to the modify page so the LinkOwner can buy a renewal whenever they want. If they buy before it expires, we add a free 30 days. The way this is implemented is a bit of a hack, but it works.

When someone goes to renew, we pass the LinkID and return page forms to the secure server as the response page. After a successful transaction, a page is loaded that contains all the hidden links needed to upgrade their link listing. For the Purchase date we use this:

<input type=hidden name="Purchase_Date" value="<%GT::Date::date_add($Purchase_Date,'395')%>">

which automatically adds the 30 days on top of a year's subscription.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

P.S. Andy, is there a log file that I can find that tells me what was emailed out overnight? I know the flags should change, but I was wondering if the mailing generates any records?
Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] [ Update ] Expire_Links v2 In reply to
Thanks for sharing that feedback :)

Quote:
P.S. Andy, is there a log file that I can find that tells me what was emailed out overnight? I know the flags should change, but I was wondering if the mailing generates any records?

Not currently I'm afraid (unless you look at your Sendmail logs). That is definatly something I will look at adding though. It will more than likely be some time next week though, as I am still in the process of getting UltraNerds.com fully functioning :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >