[NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate
SearchByDate v1
Author: Ultranerds.com

Part of ULTRA and ULTRA Pro Packages.

This plugin lets you define either a "start date" only, or a "start date" and "end date" (of which the days are filled in between, so that searches can be made). this enables your users to quickly search for a date "between", or on a specific date.

Requirements

• Gossamer Links 3.0.x +

Features

• Search for a specific date, or range.
  • Ability to search a specific category (and its sub-categories) for results.
  • Template based
  • All "dropdowns" are pre-populated for you, so no long winded conditions all over the place.
  • Rebuilds the database (via cronjob, or manually via .cgi script). This ensures speed when searching, as it already exists in a quick-access format in the database.

Upcoming Features

Ability to set "first of month only", "weekly", "monthly", etc .. and then the dates are filled in based on that.

More details can be found here: http://ultranerds.com/...bin/details/156.html

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 26, 2005, 11:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate In reply to
Hi Andy,

is it possible to set up an "event-calendar" with this plugin ?
I want to create a category called "Events", and then apply the functionality of this plugin only for this "Events" category. Is this possible ?

Are the dates (day, month, year) pre-configured for the next couple of years or do I have to do this by myself ?
Please explain more in detail how this works.

Is it possible to run this plugin in english-language and german language (as I do have my website running in two languages with the multi-language-plugin) ?

How much does this plugin cost ?

Many thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] [NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate In reply to
I've got this plugin ready to install on my events website. Weather permitting (thunder & lightning forecast) I'll have it up and running within the next 2 days.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yup, you could do that :) An example setup, would be adding a "Start_Date" and "End_Date" field, where you enter 2 dates (i.e 2005-06-30 and 2005-08-30, and then all the dates between are pre-filled when running the script [via cron or manually]). Then, you simply set a value for the links that you want to be searchable by date (i.e, in your case just links in the "Events" category).

Quote:
Is it possible to run this plugin in english-language and german language (as I do have my website running in two languages with the multi-language-plugin) ?
Sure thing. You would just have 2 template sets (you would need to copy search_dates.html into all the appropriate template sets, and just make the language/design changes). Its as simple as passing in t=xxx Smile

Quote:
How much does this plugin cost ?
Its quite expensive ($150), but IMO, well worth it (and for those people already using it on their sites, as it saves hours (if not days) of manual date entering :)

Hope that explains things better =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] [NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate In reply to
Hi Alba,

could you please send me your URL, so that I can take a look ?

e-mail: info@austria1.com

Is this plugin working without any problems (bugs) ?

Many thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

please send me some more details and a URL to see how this works.

e-mail: info@austria1.com

Many thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Andy,

- so if I want my users to add an event the same like adding a new link - is this possible ?
- are my users able to set a "start date" and "end date" by themselves ?

BTW: your screenshot of this on your website shows the "calendar selector" as a seperate pop-up-window.
I think it would be much better to integrate this "calendar selector" directly into the website....

Best regards,

Erich

Last edited by:

erichcyber: Sep 27, 2005, 6:39 AM
Quote Reply
Just working on installing it now. Will have to reimport all my data (using another of Andy's plugins) because it is now much more simple than the manual system I was using.
Quote Reply
Anyone finish implementing this plugin? Samples?
Quote Reply
Re: [pshadow] [NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate In reply to
Still working on it, a couple of bugs sorted out (Thanks Andy). Hopefully implemented by the end of today.
Quote Reply
Now have this plugin working successfully in an events site. Please PM if you want to see the demo.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
- so if I want my users to add an event the same like adding a new link - is this possible ?
Yeah, sure thing. They just enter a start date and end date (in the format of yyyy-mm-dd), and then when the update script is run, it'll populate the SearchDates table, ready for the link to be searched.

Quote:
- are my users able to set a "start date" and "end date" by themselves ?
Yup Smile

Quote:
BTW: your screenshot of this on your website shows the "calendar selector" as a seperate pop-up-window.
I think it would be much better to integrate this "calendar selector" directly into the website....
The date selector in the example, can be any javascript/DHTML selector you want. I simply put that one in as an example (as it will be ok for most users, but still gives you the option to use your own date selector, if you so much desire :)).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

is it possible to send my customers through the "payment-process" , so that they need to pay for adding an event (PayPal) ?
So I have currently set-up several payment-options on my website like: "2 weeks = 1 USD" , "4 weeks = 2 USD", "2 months = 3 USD", "6 months = 5 USD" , etc.
If a customer wants his "event" to be listed for 2 months in the database, he needs to pay 3 USD.

Is it possible to use the already existing G-Links payment-system (for event-entries) when implementing your plugin into my website ?

Best regards,

Erich

Last edited by:

erichcyber: Sep 29, 2005, 12:42 PM
Quote Reply
This should be simple to implement, using the normal system to add listings. I'll setup it up as an optional to test it- but not until next week.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sure thing. I'm not 100% sure on how you'd need to set it up (it depends really on how you want to do it). If you are going to do the validations manually, then you could just give them the option to add a start_date and end_date, AND if they *havn't* paid, then you would just remove the start_date and end_date values, so that they wouldn't get added.

To be honest, this plugin only integrates really at the users end of things (i.e what can be searched). To setup something that would change the pricing structure, you are looks at a whole new beast in itself Crazy

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hello Andy,

You think that it is possible to install your program on version 2.2.1 ?

Thank you for your answer.

Mick
Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] [NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate In reply to
Hi,

I don't see why not =) However, I can't say I've tried this myself (the templates are designed around the "luna" template set, so would require quite a bit of modifications).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just a note - I have now released a newer version (a long time coming =)).

It now has the ability to have a span bar. All you need to do, is put this in your search_results.html template:

Code:
<%if span%><div class="paging"><%span%></div><%endif%>

Obviously you need to install the new version of the plugin too =) (available from the Members Area now)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I cannot convert the dates (in Spanish, French…) with SearchDates if I use a template as value (&t=mytemplate).

<%GT::Date::date_transform($Date, "%yyyy%-%mm%-%dd%","%dddd%")%>

SearchDates does not seem to use the value of date_days_long in setup.

There is no problem if I use the plugin with the template by default.

I think that the answer is there, but I cannot apply it with your script.

Do You have an idea?

Thanks!

Mick

Last edited by:

MJ_: Oct 25, 2011, 2:27 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [MJ_] [NEW PLUGIN] SearchByDate In reply to
HJi,

Ok, so just to be clear - the searching itself is fine - but its just not using the values from "date_days_long" ? Is this with the MultiLang plugin, or just using different template sets?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

>the searching itself is fine - but its just not using the values from "date_days_long" ?
Yes

>Is this with the MultiLang plugin, or just using different template sets?
Just using different template sets.

A solution?

Thanks!

Mick
Quote Reply
Mmm ok - I'm a bit confused. How do you have different date_days_long values, if you are just using template sets? (only the MultiLanguage plugin lets you have different values/formats for dates here)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm ok - looks like a bug in GT::Date. I seem to remember having a similar problem before with GForum as well (which is why I knew to try this out)

In /admin/GT/Date.pm, find:

Code:
$LANGUAGE = {
'month_names' => [qw/January February March April May June July August September October November December/],
'day_names' => [qw/Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday/],
'short_month_names' => [qw/Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec/],
'short_day_names' => [qw/Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat/]
};

...and change to whatever you want, ie:

Code:
$LANGUAGE = {
'month_names' => [qw/Janvier Février Mars Avril Mai Juin Juillet Août Septembre Octobre Novembre Décembre/]
'day_names' => [qw/Dimanche Lundi Mardi Mercredi Jeudi Vendredi Samedi/]
'short_month_names' => [qw/Janv Fév Mars Avril Mai Juin Jul Août Sept Oct Nov Déc/]
'short_day_names' => [qw/Dim Lun Mar Mer Jeu Ven Sam/]
};

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Last edited by:

Andy: Oct 26, 2011, 4:57 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Do You think that it is possible to indicate an order of display (&sb=Add_Date&so=DESC) ?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Mick
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm, not really (as it used a 2nd table to get the results, which doesn't hold those values - simply the linkID, catIDs and date)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >