Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

A Stats Plugin -- Pie Graphing

Quote Reply
A Stats Plugin -- Pie Graphing
Hi.

This is for Laura@aflnr ... others can respond.

Background: Pie Charting With One Or Two Levels Of Drill Down

Country/State/City -- Custom Columns in Links Table (could be added if not already present).

Description:

(1). A Pie Chart Of Global Stats (Country Stats of links) with Break Down And legend.

(2). Clicking On A Country in the Pie Chart Pops Up ( an new small window ... big enough to have good visibility not requiring a magnifying glass to read) A Drill Down Pie Chart For The Country State/Province Wise (on glinks) with legend.

(3) A Further drill down On State To Display a pie chart with kegend for City stats (on glinks)

Placement restriction of the starting graphic: the restriction is a 160px dia ie to comfortably fit in the include_sidebar.html template of luna template set in glinks.

An extension of this could be applied to following:

New Links
Popular Links

Just a thought which i am definite would need a custom plugin. Any idea on the price range of such a plugin? Others can vote for or aginst this, or add to this in terms of features list. But no histograms ... a pie chart...

Actually, buffing up the exteriors or completely overhauling the interiors was what most dreamt of when glinks3 was announced. As already mentioned by webmaster33 in it's current state, it lacks all the bells and whistles to justify such a big version jump. Things unattaneded to in v2 still are planned for next release :/

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] A Stats Plugin -- Pie Graphing In reply to
An Addition:

So as to restrict piechart split into tooo many, there could be a %number decided, below which the Country Stats comes in combined "Others" Slice... same for other cases too. That other when drilled down would perhaps need to be thought of as to what the prentation should be like???

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] A Stats Plugin -- Pie Graphing In reply to
I have no idea off the top of my head how you would create a pie chart in a template. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] A Stats Plugin -- Pie Graphing In reply to
No idea. Just got this thought after visiting this page and thought process went a step ahead on drill downs. The following url is definitely from database based setup.

http://www.webhosting.info/registries/global_stats/

[EDIT]
Completely Unrelated but if the following url (piedb.cgi section) could be an indicator
[EDIT]

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Mar 14, 2005, 10:42 PM