Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

email error when sending to users

Quote Reply
email error when sending to users
OK.... how do I...or what do I... change to stop this error?
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request. The script did not produce correct headers. It must at least print out a Content-Type header, like so:
Content-Type: text/html

The header the script produced was:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
This error comes up when I'm attempting to send out an email from the admin panel to various users. Is there something i nthe templates that can be changed? or is this a server related error? (I've not edited the default template...yet) ptegler
Quote Reply
Re: [ptegler] email error when sending to users In reply to
This might not be the issue, but it's a start... Have you updated your installation with this bug fix?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=285386

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] email error when sending to users In reply to
...saw that... nope...not the problem. :-( The email itself doesn't seem to have a header the mail system is expecting to see. I was hoping there was a global or something that could be set to pre-config the header.
Actually it looks like its a email content type statement.... iso8xxx or text/hrtml yaddda yadda yadda type statement that needs to be there.

ptegler
Quote Reply
Do you get anything in your error log?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] email error when sending to users In reply to
no...none at all
Quote Reply
What exactly are you running to get the error to occur?

Adrian
Quote Reply
The error is coming up after attempting to send out an email directly from the admin console.
I've even get this error when I send an email out after just selecting my own email address to send it to.

I have/had a few generic messages I send out once in awhile. This error only recently seems to have appeared. hence my believe that possibly one of the scripts is corrupt or the like.
Unsure
Quote Reply
So it doesn't happen on the user side, like when they sign up?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Apparently not, as I've had two three new sign-ups over the last two days. One did mention some kind of error, but it was not as described above. He also got the validation email back from the system as he did complete the signup without problems.
Quote Reply
Which step exactly is it dying on (since sending out a mass mail is a multi-step process)?

Adrian