Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Sumarizing what I found...

Quote Reply
Sumarizing what I found...
OK, I am sorry if it looks I am trying to spam the forum, I am not. I have playing a bit with GF and I found a few things I think should be addressed:

- There is hardcoded (at least on Mailarc.pm) path to home directory of jagerman, for libraries, that I think it should not be there. It does not stop the script from running, but...
- The Admin help title reads Links SQL 2.0, while it should be Gossamer Forum
- If I create a brand new database erasing the old one from the Admin, there are fields, that I believe Mailarc uses, that do not get recreated, hence the problem I previously reported. I am not 100% sure, but I had it working and stopped when I did the previously stated procedure.
- There are layout errors when deleting messages and topics, the result page, stating the successful deletion does not prints entirely.
- IP's from posting with Mailarc shows up wrongly, for example, on my test board will show as 8.11.6/8.11.6, which is the sendmail version I run.

On a different topic, are there templates available just for Mailarc use? I ask because I would like to trim long subjects and emails that would otherwise force cells (they do not have nowrap) and mess tables. If modifying the existing templates is the only way to go, fine.

I appreciate in advance the management reply.

Cheers,

--
David

Last edited by:

unixman: Apr 16, 2002, 5:28 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [unixman] Sumarizing what I found... In reply to
Hi,

1. Thanks, we'll fix this up. It should have no effect on your system though.
2. Oops, copy and paste mistake. =)
3. This would be the cause of your other problem. You must re-install the plugin as it alters the Post table and adds a new column.
4. Can you give me an example of this?
5. Oops, we'll fix that up.

Currently we do not have a template set for MailArc specifically. It would not be too hard to do. You would create a new directory called mailarc in admin/templates directory. Then add a file called .tplinfo with:

{
inheritance => '../default'
}

Now, just add changed templates to this directory. Anything else will get loaded from the default set. You would want to replace things like:

<%post_subject%>

with:

<%trim($post_subject,100)%>

and add a global called trim:

Code:
sub {
my ($string, $len) = @_;
return substr($string, 0, $len);
}

which would trim the subject to 100 characters.

Hope that helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Sumarizing what I found... In reply to
Hi, I have gotten the subject trimming by using a sligtly modified global as follows:

[code]
sub { my ($string, $len) = @_;
my $string_len = length($string);
if ($string_len > "$len") { return substr($string, 0, $len) . "..."; }
else { return $string; }
}
[/code]

How can I do it with <%nbsp post_name%>?

--
David
Quote Reply
Re: [unixman] Sumarizing what I found... In reply to
Hi,

The nbsp() function just replaces spaces with &nbsp; (non breaking spaces), and was done for alignment reasons. You could probably just replace:

<%nbsp $post_name%>

with

<%trim($post_name, 100)%>

and it would be ok.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Sumarizing what I found... In reply to
Is not doing it. It is rendering as empty. WHat next? Thanks a lot, Alex!

MY bad, it works now!!

--
David

Last edited by:

unixman: Apr 19, 2002, 11:55 AM