Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

NEW (again!!)

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] NEW (again!!) In reply to
Its going mad this morning _and_ I've cleared my temp files and ctrl + refreshed.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 9, 2002, 1:40 AM
Quote Reply
How come this is only happening to you? Hm.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] NEW (again!!) In reply to
Like brewt said, its a conspiracy.
Quote Reply
Is it because Wil (in your example), posted a message while you're composing a message? That would make sense as you haven't seen his posting, and as usual it doesn't mark your own postings as new.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] NEW (again!!) In reply to
Yep thats probably true for Wil's post, but I get about 5-10 "NEW"'s pop up all at once on the main page so they can't all be composing at the same time as I post.
Quote Reply
Could the following be the case (like what Adrian says):

0) You look at the category. Nothing new.
1) You write a post, and post it.
2) while you write (and before you post), somebody else writes a post, maybe in a different thread, and posts it.
3) you look at the category again. It will say "10 new posts", and the latest post will actually be by you. But you haven't seen the other 10 posts, that were posted in the time between 0) and 3).

Does that make sense?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] NEW (again!!) In reply to
Yeah but as I said, its hightly unlikely that it would happen all the time and even sometimes when I've not been at the forum for hours.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] NEW (again!!) In reply to
Ok here is something slightly different to the usual problem.

On the main page, I saw 1 new post by brewt but when I went into the thread brewt hadn't make a post.

He'd made one in the second thread down but I'd read that quite a while earlier.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 14, 2002, 4:36 AM
> >