Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Questions, so many questions.

Quote Reply
Questions, so many questions.
Hi there. I'd like a few questions answered if possible.

We are running GT (1.1.8) on an existing web site and have been for about a year. We're getting ready to do a major push and revamp of the forums. Soooooooooooooo.

1.) We need to upgrade to the latest release. The "Sticky" post option is very desireable. What will the upgrade involve and will the existing Threads/posts be effected?

2.) We want a "Shrink Wrap" read and understood page/window to appear as part of the 'sing-up' process. If the prospective user does not "accept" the terms we don't want to sign them up. Am I going to have to build this myself, or do you already have a template?

3.) I want to embed a "report this post to the moderator" link in every post made by a user. Clicking it will bring up the e-mail engine which will allow the reporting user to send a short note to the forum mod. The note will contain the post ID#. This will allow our users to help us "police" the site. Again, is there a template for this?

Ishmael
www.springbreak.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Ishmael] Questions, so many questions. In reply to
Hi,

1. No, the existing threads/posts won't be affected. The only hurdle you should have is with integrating the html editor changes into your templates. If you haven't made heavy modifications to the templates, should be very easy, but if you have you'll need to merge in the new editor changes.

2. We don't have a boiler plate terms of use page, but it's easy enough to add one in.

3. This isn't built into the program and would need to be done as a plugin or as a mailto link.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Questions, so many questions. In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

1. No, the existing threads/posts won't be affected. The only hurdle you should have is with integrating the html editor changes into your templates. If you haven't made heavy modifications to the templates, should be very easy, but if you have you'll need to merge in the new editor changes.

2. We don't have a boiler plate terms of use page, but it's easy enough to add one in.

3. This isn't built into the program and would need to be done as a plugin or as a mailto link.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Re. #1 We are a licensed user of the product. Is there a fee associated with the upgrade/patch? The forum is currently running with the unmodified defaults so I suspect that the upgrade will be relatively painless.

Re. #2 Care to make a suggestion as to how to go about this?

Re. #3 I figured that might be the case. This would be imbedded in every post so I imagine that one modification to one template would be sufficient. Which template would you recommend modifying?

Obvioulsy I want to apply the upgrade before I begin modifying anything so #1 is the most important right now.

Ishmael