Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Hide Member Directory Links

Quote Reply
Hide Member Directory Links
Hey all,

I don't want to show the member directory links anywhere. I think I pretty much got most of them taken out, but the one on the send private message page. How do I remove that?

Also, is there a way to disable private messenging? I cannot find the option to do so anywhere.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [Chrisp] Hide Member Directory Links In reply to
Hi,

You could try a grep to find the file in question;

cd /path/to/template/folder
grep -r '?do=member_list' .

(or whatever the do=... part looks like).

This should at least show you the template, so you can make the changes :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Also, is there a way to disable private messenging? I cannot find the option to do so anywhere.

Yes you can do this.

Go to your Gossamer Forum admin:
1. Setup > Actions
2. Select user_list (Viewing Member Directory) from Edit action drop down
3. Then edit action options you want
You can hide the action from shown on "Who's Online", and also set minimum user permissions for this action to minimum user status of an Administrator only Wink if you want to use this at any case or simple disable that action.

Hope this helps Tongue

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Hide Member Directory Links In reply to
Thanks all. I'm trying that grep. Used the following command in the templates directory:

grep -r '?do=user_list'

Does it take a while? The curser in my SecureCRT is just blinking for a while now. Looks like it may have timed out, I don't even have the # prompt.

Thanks Eupos. I was wondering what the actions did :)

As you can see, I just got the forum up and running so I'm learning it. But I'm looking for the option to disable private messenging completely or to get rid of this view member directory link on the send private message page. It looks like that action just keeps it hidden when someone is viewing the whos online page. Unless I'm misunderstanding it.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Thanks all. I'm trying that grep. Used the following command in the templates directory:

grep -r '?do=user_list'

Does it take a while? The curser in my SecureCRT is just blinking for a while now. Looks like it may have timed out, I don't even have the # prompt.

The . at the end is there for a reason Angelic

Code:
grep -r '?do=user_list' .

Note the .

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Did you follow directions?

Actions are the do functions, so if you disable some action this prevents anyone from from run the function.

As for remove link to user list you must edit include_message_common_write.html and include_message_html_common_write.html templates.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Hide Member Directory Links In reply to
Thanks Andy and Eupos,

Got it and working great now.
Quote Reply
Wink Glad to hear Cool

Cheers,
Boris