Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

unable to run after installing

Quote Reply
unable to run after installing
Hi, I have been working on getting the script to work, but it seems not to be working properlyFrown.

I am getting a premature heading error for db.cgi. I know that this usually means that either I uploaded the file improperly or that the call to perl is incorrect. I made sure that all files were uploaded using ASCII and also that the call to perl was correct. I tried installing the script four times, each time making sure that the files were uploaded properly.

I even re-downloaded the files from your site, to make sure the files were not corrupted when I downloaded them the first time.

I tried to set up the debug mode and when I tried it, it is telling me to enable debug.

Can anyone help me with this, if you need more info, please let me know!

Thank you for your time,
Joe R.Cool

Last edited by:

jor71: Nov 29, 2001, 2:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jor71] unable to run after installing In reply to
Hello Joe, what is the OS you are installing the scripts to? Do you know what version of perl is on your system?
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] unable to run after installing In reply to
O/S - Linux
Perl Version is 5.6.1
Quote Reply
Well, that would rule out NT problems or an incorrect version of perl! Can you save your config and html.pl file as text files and uplaod to your server so they can be viewed via the web? I'll be lurking about for a bit and would be able to take a look at them to see if I can help you spot potential problems.
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] unable to run after installing In reply to
Karen, I'll send you a private message with the url to the text files.
Quote Reply
That'd be fine :)