Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

logins expire almost immediately

Quote Reply
logins expire almost immediately
Even with $auth_time set to insanely high values (say, 86400), logins expire
immediately. Within seconds - actually, the very next time db.cgi is called - logins expire, returning the `invalid/expired user session' page.
I've been seriously hacking on html.pl, but I can't imagine offhand how changes there could affect auth.pl.

The only significant change (Perl-wise) I've made to html.pl is adding a few calls to stat() and `use File::stat' for them. I'm kinda out of ideas at the moment...
Quote Reply
Re: logins expire almost immediately In reply to
I had something similar happen, but it was a while back and I don't remember exactly what the problem was. Seems it was an error in my form -- possibly including the hidden "uid" text field twice.

I've found that the easiest way to see this kind of problem is to look at the html source code in my browser. You might give us the URL for your database.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
JPD is right, another way to verify is to look in your auth directory and see that the file is still there.

Check that you are passing the uid variable consistently from page to page.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
I'm still busy figuring out how everything works, so I'm not yet certain where the uid field is supposed to be all the time. Smile Then there's the form variable userid, and a field in my database called ID, and it's just getting to be a real headache. If I thought it'd help, I'd rename the db ID `fred.' :-)

Anyway: Alex, that's the problem. The file isn't there. As best I can tell, every time auth.pl is called, everything in the auth/ dir disappears.

And I can't presently provide a URL, as the database is still being tested on my home box before I put it up somewhere public. Wheee. I'm glad it's not for something really vitally important...

Right now, my plan is to do a `diff' of my html.pl and the one `in the box' and try to fathom where I went wrong. It's probably something silly, but I'll report back when I get it.