Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

invoking the default database

Quote Reply
invoking the default database
I installed dbman on my NT machine, and I am using Internet Explorer offline. I can't seem to get the default database to work. When I click the live demo link, db.pl tells me "This script must be called from the web using either Get or Post requests". What am I doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: invoking the default database In reply to
Hi,

do you have IIS4 installed and also Perl Win32 ? If you do there should be no problem at all. http://www.activestate.com have a very good working version of Perl for Windows NT

Cheers

Broder
Quote Reply
Re: invoking the default database In reply to
My original message contained an error. My station is a Windows 98 platform using Microsoft Personal Web Server. I am using ActivePerl Build 5.09.

I appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Assuming that DBman will work on this setup, my current working assumption is that I have some path info (such as the #! line)setup wrong in either db.cgi (now renamed to db.pl in order to be recognized by ActivePerl) or in default.cfg. Also, it appears that I need to revise the Href pointers in the demo.htm file. Is any or all of this right and, if so, what should each of these addresses be assuming:

Perl.exe is in C:/perl/bin
dbman files (such as db.pl and default.cfg) are in c:/WEBSHARE/Scripts/dbman
demo.htm is in c:/WEBSHARE/Scripts/dbman/auth

Thanks.