Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

deletion of files?

Quote Reply
deletion of files?
Hi, I just setup dbman on my site yesterday. It seemed to work great...I modified the scripts to change the database fields, and entered a small database. Everything looked great, and was working fine. I went to access it this morning, and my CGI-Bin was wiped clean...no files whatsoever in it. Is it possible that the dbamn script did this? I figure it isn't but wanted to be sure. I contacted my host and they didn't report having any probs or manipulating the directory. And I'm the only person who has access to the directory. Any ideas?

------------------
LCato..aka PaiN
Quote Reply
Re: deletion of files? In reply to
Hi PaiN,

There is nowhere in the dbman code where files get deleted. It must be something else.

Cheers
-JO
Quote Reply
You are almost right, Jaime, and if you hadn't written your response it wouldn't have occurred to me what might be the problem.

PaiN, do you have a separate auth directory within your dbman directory, chmod 777 and specifically defined in your .cfg file? If you thought that maybe you wouldn't worry about the auth directory and set
$auth_dir to the same directory as your dbman scripts, this would cause all of your scripts to be deleted.

If you'd like an explanation of why, I'll give it to you. Just ask! Smile

If you did create an auth directory, I'm not sure what to tell you.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanx for the info! I didn't setup a seperate auth directory so that would be my prob =). Just have to say DBMAN is awsome...I'm a total cgi/html illiterate and I got it to work which is a testiment to ease of use!!

Thanx to all for the help!