Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

category when adding new record and than linking to that category

Quote Reply
category when adding new record and than linking to that category
How can I change the "Category" and "type" in the polldowns when adding a new record. And is it possible to link to those specific categories, for example if someone chooses to be in the category called "web" can I create a link that goes to all of the entries that are in the "Web" category.
-Thanks all
Quote Reply
Re: category when adding new record and than linking to that category In reply to

Quote:
How can I change the "Category" and "type" in the polldowns when adding a new record.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you wanting to add new options to the list?

Quote:
And is it possible to link to those specific categories, for example if someone chooses to be in the category called "web" can I create a link that goes to all of the entries that are in the "Web" category.

Yes, you can create links that do specific searches. If this is within a page that DBMan creates, use

<a href="$db_script_link_url&Category=web&view_records=1">

If you allow default users to view records in your database, you can also create a link on a page that is outside of DBMan.

<a href="http://URL/to/dbman/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&Category=web&view_records=1">

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: category when adding new record and than linking to that category In reply to
Thanks for the speedy response on the link question!
Sorry I was not more clear what I meant by the other question was changing the category options from the original defaults ie) General, Configuration management, project management, process improvement..etc.
Thanks again
Quote Reply
Oh, yes. You can change any of the options you want within the default.cfg file. Just follow the pattern there and separate the options you want with commas.

You can change any of the fields and the options that you want. They are just there to give you something to test out the scripts and to give you a pattern to go by to make it easier for you to see how to set up your own database.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanks for everthing that was even quicker than the first time!
Quote Reply
Thanks for everthing that was even quicker than the first time!
Quote Reply
You're welcome. Smile I just happened to be on the board at the same time you were.

------------------
JPD