Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

BLANK RECORDS

Quote Reply
BLANK RECORDS
Hello everyone . . . I'm sure this is a stupid mistake on my part, and the more I look for it the stupider I feel - please help!

I have set up the standard DBman on my hosting server and have successfully added, searched, etc.

I have now customised the fields by changing the default.cfg and the the html.pl to reflect the new fields.

When I now add a record:

1.Almost all the fields disappear in the display of the successfully added record page. The fields retained are the ID field and any field with an options list.
With debugging turned on, the 'Form Variables' heading still shows the data entered for each field.

2. When I now search for the record via the ID field, the data is still missing in the Search Results page and the 'Form Variables' heading now shows blank data for most of the fields.

I assume that most of the data is not being written to the default.db file for some reason?

Keef - dazed and confused

Quote Reply
Re: BLANK RECORDS In reply to
Are you using the autogenerate feature? If not, try using it. It will help to narrow down the problem.

If you're still having problems with autogenerate turned on, the problem is with your .cfg file.

If you're not having problems with autgenerate turned on, the problem is in your html.pl file.

When you narrow it down to which file is causing the problem, I can help you figure out where the problem is. I'll need you to copy the file to a web-accessible directory -- one where you would place .html files -- and rename it to either default_cfg.txt or html_pl.txt. Then come back and tell me where it is and I'll take a look.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/
Quote Reply
Thanks for your fast reply. I am stupid . . but things are looking up as I cracked it.

The fields were specified in all lower case in the default.cfg file eg. 'name'

The NAME="field_name" in the 'html.pl' file was in upper and lower case eg. 'Name', for all but the fields that were being written to the 'default.db' file. All lower case has solved this one - so sorry for the dumb message, but I'm learning quickly.

Isn't it funny how the simplist of problems seems to take the longest time to solve?

Keef - humbly

Quote Reply
I thought it might be something like that. Smile

This is the way you learn. I'll bet you never make that mistake again. Wink

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/