Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Archive Modification JPDeni

Quote Reply
Archive Modification JPDeni
I apologize if the answer is already in the threads - I was successful with implementting the Archive.txt modification from JPDeni- however, the archive function only writes blank records to my archive.db

Manual verification shows only pipes:

| || || |
| || || |
| || || |

There are the correct number of piped rows for the archived records however, but no data. In addition, the records were successfully removed from the default.db.
Quote Reply
Re: Archive Modification JPDeni In reply to
Thanks,
It is on a test database only. I have installed only the basic dbman files in a separate directory to just test the archive feature first Smile
Quote Reply
I don't exactly know what your problem is since I use an older version of archiving records in databases. However, I sure hope that you are using test databases when you are installing Mods, because if not, then it is going to be a pain for your hosting company to recover your files from tape backup.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
By the way - I got the mod from:
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/Mods/archive.txt
Quote Reply
I know where the Mod is located. I just have not had the time to upgrade to this particular Mod.

Again, since I am not using this particular mod, I do not know how to suggest to fix this problem.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------