Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Internal Error - CGI Error

Quote Reply
Internal Error - CGI Error
This is as far as I've been able to get. The error is here www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb/db.pl?signup_form=1
I have checked the permissions on default.cfg and I have also tried re-uploading it making sure to specify Ascii mode for upload. Does anyone have any other ideas

The db.pl file in text form is here www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb/db_pl.txt
The default.cfg in text form is here www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb/default_cfg.txt

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Plirus] Internal Error - CGI Error In reply to
The error must be within your .cfg file as the error when trying to login gives:

Reason: Can't locate d:\html\users\eliteguardsofnorrathcom\html\cgi-bin\eqrdb/html.pl at d:\html\users\eliteguardsofnorrathcom\html\cgi-bin\eqrdb/default.cfg line 49.
Compilation failed in require at d:\html\users\eliteguardsofnorrathcom\html\cgi-bin\eqrdb\db.pl line 53.

Notice right before the file names the slash is going in a different direction?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Looks like you've got it working(?)... what was your solution to the problem?
Quote Reply
Yes, after trying over and over. Wiping out the files, installing to another server I had, loading with 2 different FTP programs. This is what finally worked.

In the db.pl file I did set the db_script_path to this
$db_script_path = "d:\\html\\users\\eliteguardsofnorrathcom\\html\\cgi-bin\\eqrdb";
I had originally tried
$db_script_path = "http://www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb";
each time I changed my script_path I went through and changed the $db_dir_url in my .cfg files to be the same way. One time I forgot to do this and only changed the script_path and it suddenly worked. As many different things as I had tried and checked and tried and checked I really don't know if this fixed it or if there was some little syntax problem somewhere all along. I don't think it was a syntax issue because I started from scratch on all the $db variables several times.

Things I did learn from the forum (applies to setting up on an NT Box with IIS):
1. You must change the db.cgi to db.pl (don't forget to change it in your default.cfg)
2. You have to add the $db_iis = 1; into you db.pl
3. The debug thing is weird. I had to set $db_debug = 1; in my db.pl file before it would give me any error messages. Doing this in the default.cfg which is suggested many times had no effect.

Oh well, it was 2 days of off and on hair pulling, but it's working now and so the customization can begin. /sigh

Thanks for all the help
Quote Reply
Just FYI unless you put

$db_debug = 1

on the top of the .cfg file above the section:

# File and URL's

it will not check for errors within the .cfg file.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/