Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Error Message:

Quote Reply
Error Message:
%1 is not a valid Windows NT application.

Anyone know what the problem could be?
I uploaded all of them ASCII. My server is a NT machine. I don't know the path to Perl.
Could this be the problem?

later James
Quote Reply
Re: Error Message: In reply to
You might need to rename db.cgi to db.pl. If this is your own web server, read up at:

http://www.activestate.com/...2/perlwin32faq6.html

for how to configure perl and your server. If you are on an ISP, you'll have to check what your file needs to be called, and what the path to perl is to run perl scripts.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
I changed db.cgi to db.pl and now I get this error:

CGI ERROR==========================================
Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Can't locate default.cfg in @INC at E:\VirtDomains\jaeger\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl line 51.
Script Location : E:\VirtDomains\jaeger\cgi-bin\dbman\db.pl
Perl Version : 5.00307Setup File : default.cfg

I can't find any errors in the file.
any helpful hints?

Jawarz
Quote Reply
I too had a lot of problems trying to get DBMan to run on NT. Here's a couple of tips to help you out:

1) Set $db_script_path to your full path. (i.e. $db_script_path = "E:\\VirtDomains\\jaeger\\cgi-bin\\dbman\\")

2) Probably the most important thing to do on NT is to correctly set the permissions for each of the files just like you would on UNIX. Be sure to give the webserver userid(IUSR_name) execute permission and write permission to the files that need it.

This may not necessarily work for you, but that's how I finally got DBMan to run on NT4.0 with IIS4.0.

Good luck.