Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

HELP!!! - No Records Found

Quote Reply
HELP!!! - No Records Found
www.ezfindit.com/ezbooks - Click on "Find Book", returns "No records found" as of today. I have over 2,344 records in the database file.

I have not changed the CFG file, only thing I tried for the last few days and fix the modify/delete own records problem I have been having.

HELP!!!

I am attaching:
- default.cfg
- html.pl
- FindBook.html

Quote Reply
Re: [ezfindit] HELP!!! - No Records Found In reply to
Post your default.db file too, many times that will contain some clues as to what is wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] HELP!!! - No Records Found In reply to
Here it is. Zipped it b/c it was larger than the 300K posting limit allows.
Quote Reply
Okay, you're db file looks okay - I opened it in Excel and all of your columns (fields) seem to be in the proper place/order. I didn't dig into your html.pl file too much, rather I decided to just hack into your site (not really, but you do want to delete the "test" book called FooFram Technology that I created.)

I'm fairly sure that the problem lies with the userid. If I do "userid=default" then I get nothing, but if I take an known userid and do "uid=test.100567527947693" then I get 2 matches (leaving all other search and input criteria the same).

I think the problem is default.cfg:

# Registered users: can view _only_ own records. For this to make sense
# you should turn off default permissions.
$auth_view_own = 1;

Try turning this off (set to 0) and see if that allows default users to once again see all records. I think it is causing a conflict.

Good Luck, hope this solves your problem...

Quote Reply
YAHOO!!!! That was it. It's fixed. Thank you very much!!! Smile

Although, I'm still having the modify/delte problem I posted earlier. Any hope you could help me with that one? I would really, really appreciate it.

Thank you again!

Quote Reply
I was able to modify & then delete the two "test" records (one of which I created earlier). Check and see if it works now.

Quote Reply
That works only for newly added record somehow. The "test" user actually has 2 other records that do not show up when you try to "modify" them. I can't figure out why.

If you look at "default.db" you can see the 2 records for the user "test" that do not show up when accessing them via the "modify" or "delete" option.

Unsure