Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

web mailer & max emails

Quote Reply
web mailer & max emails
I'm still running off the 1.0 version. Was doing fine 'til my database grew from 50 users to 200+. ISP says their sendmail will only send out to 50 folks per email ... less I purchase listserve. Will version 1.0 or 2.1 allow me to send the email's to groups of 50 at a time?
Quote Reply
Re: web mailer & max emails In reply to
Nope...Both scripts are the same in terms of number of mailings. And that is not a problem with the script, it is a problem with your mail server at your hosting company.

Both scripts use the same mail codes that I use in another mailing script I have on my server, which has been tested to send out 40,000 mail messages with maximum text of 70,000 bytes.

So, to sum up, the problem is not with script, but your hosting company's resources and restrictions they've placed on mailings.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
alas, I figured as much. Thx for the reply.

... but while I have yr attention, I'm trying to wicker this new 2.1 and appear to be having some problem with the set password part.

Specifically, when I try to execute the webmailer.cgi -- get the set password screen -- I enter a password (twice), and I get the same ole set password screen again -- doesn't execute.

Clues or do you need me to post a .txt file?

JR
Quote Reply

Quote:
8) Change the permission of your $passfile directory to 777 (rwxrwxrwx).

Did you do this?

This is taken directly out of the README file, which you need to re-read when you have problems...Then if you are totally stuck...post a question in the DBMAN Discussion Forum.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Never mind ... forgot my ISP went from www.flash.net to home.flash.net. Soon as I changed the .cfg to home.flash.net, it worked. Go figure!

[This message has been edited by joebagodonuts (edited March 04, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Is there a password file in the Directory you specified?

Also, make sure that you CLICK on the SUBMIT buttons and NOT hit the ENTER key!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
My /home/m/u/murgnam/www/mail and /home/m/u/murgnam/www/cgi-bin/Directory/mail directory(s) "are" chmod' to 777. (I tried it in both public and private directories ... or so I think). Perhaps I have something in the wrong directory?
Quote Reply
alas, I figured as much. Thx for the reply.

... but while I have yr attention, I'm trying to wicker this new 2.1 and appear to be having some problem with the set password part.

Specifically, when I try to execute the webmailer.cgi -- get the set password screen -- I enter a password (twice), and I get the same ole set password screen again -- doesn't execute.

Clues or do you need me to post a .txt file?

JR
Quote Reply
WHY did you repeat a previous Reply when I am addressing your problem? Yes...I understand your problem...And you did not even answer my question..

Pay attention here, please!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Eliot,
My problem was solved with my edited reply 'bout changing to home.flash.net. But somehow/someway, me hitting the "Back" button on my browser was "re-sending" the previous posts
My apologies to you and the rest, it was not intentional!
JR