Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

sub html_forward_email_form

Quote Reply
sub html_forward_email_form
I have insert this mod in DBMAN and it is good working. I click the link in the record on and the open a new screen, input dates and send email.
But ....

I have not understand the function - I have not found the line from the mode html_record and this eMail mod.

The sub html_record send always the right data. When I list all data from the database sub html_record is a "while" and list all data on the screen. Who is the variable save the right record to right eMail input record to send to the adresses ?

I hope it is understand - my englich is not so good.

I am beserk in the variable is not the latest record. I think perl is reading the database in all (EOF) and then standing in the latest record - but when I click of the eMail button the right record is in the inputrecord for send email. Who is the sub or the mod work this perfect - this is my question.

Thank you

My reg. Number ist 2857-00-DB

Werner

Quote Reply
Re: sub html_forward_email_form In reply to
I'm not sure I understand what problem you are having.

You said it is going to the form to forward the record, and it is sending the email, so I'm not sure what problem you are having?

In your html_record or html_record_long you should have this:

<a href="$db_script_link_url&$db_key=$rec{$db_key}&forward_email_form=1">Send this record to a friend</a>

The $db_key=$rec{$db_key} portion of the code is what tells the form which record to include.

Be sure that within your html.pl sub html_forward_email_form

you also have the line in red below within your form:

<input type=hidden name="uid" value="$db_uid">
<input type=hidden name="$db_key" value="$in{$db_key}">

I hope that is the information you were looking for.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/