Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

probleam with record viewing

Quote Reply
probleam with record viewing
i must admit i am not very good in html and perl programming. but i am doing my best to understand the codes.

my problem now is when i try to access the "view" routine and try to enter any word to search, i am always returned a "matching error message". but when i enter the document number (which is my database key), the search goes very well. why is that? i thought it would search on all field? i did not change anything in the code except that i removed the line displaying the html_record_form.

your immediate response will be highly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: probleam with record viewing In reply to
again, i am answering my own questions. i made a mistake. the view option is actually working except if the keyword is the value of my "USERID" field. how then can i view all records of say, admin? do i need to change anything in the code or in my cfg file?

anyone... please help me....
Quote Reply
after going over the codes, i figured out that the query() routine in the db.cgi file contained a line that restricts the search within the userid field. i just commented that line and everything went fine.
Quote Reply
I apologize for not having been here to answer your question, but it looks like it wasn't necessary. Smile

------------------
JPD