Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

no record in private mailer

Quote Reply
no record in private mailer
Hello: I've searched all over the forum and have had no success finding results for my issue. I apologize in advance for not being able to find something that is somewhere in the forum.

Here's the problem:

Private mailer works great when I look at a record as the user that input the record. When I look at a record uploaded by another user_ID, the Email address field is not recognized by the program, and "other fields I set-up to show in the email does not appear on the submit email page.

info:
1) I'm using the Short/long display.
2) permissions for program are set up for everyone to view all records.

Please point me to a solution within the forum.

Regards,

John
Quote Reply
Re: no record in private mailer In reply to
Make sure that you have used the ($per_view) permissions for the send_email_form and send_email elsif statement in the sub main in the db.cgi file....

Like the following:

Code:
elsif ($in{'send_email_form'}) { if ($per_view) { &html_send_email_form; } else { &html_unauth; } }

AND

Code:
elsif ($in{'send_email'}) { if ($per_view) { &send_email; } else { &html_unauth; } }

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Eliot:
Thank you, I corrected the if else statements and everything worked fine.

John

P.S. Sure wish you'd get more snow up there in Flag. The economy has to be really hurting after two bad years.
Quote Reply
Guess you haven't looked at my Profile recently...I have moved to Boulder, CO and I am working at a new job!

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center