Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

generate different data-pages from link

Quote Reply
generate different data-pages from link
i have some sort of movie database, and till now everything works fine. people can only view the database, not delete, add or modify entries. i have fields like director, title, airdate, story. when i do a search, it lists all the fields. let's call this "data_full". what i want is a page that lists the titles, ordered by airdate, then i can click on the title and i get the "data_full" view for one entry. i guess this could be easily done with the long view/short view mod. i looked over it and it seemes like a lot needs to be changed. i wouldn't mind changing that, but i need more than two layouts. i think the normal "data_full" output is generated with
Code:
sub html_record
it would be nice to have different layouts, like
Code:
html_record_movies
html_record_directors
html_record_story
html_record_movies would list the name of the movie and the airdate, plus have a link to the "data_full" view
html_record_directors would list the movie title plus the name of the director
html_record_story would have title and story as a search result.

i don't want something like when you search for director, you get the html_record_directors view. a normal search should always display the "data_full" view: the other views should be called with a link, something like
Code:
../dbman/db.cgi?db=movies&uid=default&layout=directors&Directors=*
in a link would call the special html_record_directors layout.

mhm, i guess this sounds confusing... to sum it up: are different layouts possible, that are called throuh a link and list only some fields, but not all?

Quote Reply
Re: generate different data-pages from link In reply to
Different layouts are possible. You may want to check the FAQ noted below and look under "Viewing" where you will find various thread references related to how to create different layouts.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/