Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

file-upload.pl

Quote Reply
file-upload.pl
Yes, this is a cross-post. Sorry. But taking from Eliot's advice in the Installation Forum, I searched the Discussion Forum for the syntax error in the File-Upload MOD.

Best I could come up with was the file upload config problem posted by johnb|Eliot|Mart.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum12/HTML/000917.html

With that, I deleted ever'thin I had and started over, this time not including the |; and printqq| statement as ref'd.

Still got nothin but the 500 error. Further, I tried with the file-upload.cgi, where I get the prompt to open or save to disk and conversely with the file-upload.pl I get the 500 error.

Did I not find the right post? Certain file(s) I need to post for yall to publicly see? Problem with my server, or that CGI.pm thing?

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

JR
Quote Reply
Re: file-upload.pl In reply to
I'm afraid I can't give a whole lot of help on the file upload mod. Either it works or it doesn't. Even after studying the book on CGI.pm, I'm not clear on how everything works. In fact, the only way I can see that I could make any changes would be to completely rewrite the db.cgi script so that it uses CGI.pm -- something I'm not ready to do.

My biggest suggestion is to download the original file upload script(the URL is in the documentation with the mod) and see if it works for you.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: file-upload.pl In reply to
K. Thx for the reply. I'll put the original script on my list of things to do.