Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

dating system

Quote Reply
dating system
Hi all.

I am currently setting up a dating system with DBman, and I want to customise it in some ways.

I want all users to be able to post one post each only (which I allready know how to do), and they will also be able to modify their own posting - but I don't want them to be able to modify others postings. Does anyone have suggestions to this?

This might sound a little bit awkward.

Regards
Trond

Quote Reply
Re: dating system In reply to
Did you use JPDeni's Configurator to setup your database?

Regards,

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
Thanx for the reply. I just took a look at that one now. I'll try it out and get right back here with the results.

Quote Reply
Okay. My point in asking was that on the first page, it asks you to set the permissions. If you set them a certain way for the registered user, it only allows them to modify their own, as well as other things depending on how you set them. Play around with them for a bit and you'll find what you need.

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
I know - stupid me! :) - better look around BEFORE bugging you all with those stupid questions :)

Quote Reply
amgat

Have you by any chance checked out the MatchMate mod that is located in the resource center?

I believe this would give you a good base, and then perhaps you can make some modifications to have it suit your needs, if there are other mods you wanted to add.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Thanx - i'll take a look at that one

Regards
Trond-R. Bø
Quote Reply
Hm. I didn't find that resource...

Regards
Trond-R. Bø