Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

baseball like records (years/games)

Quote Reply
baseball like records (years/games)
ok, check over at Lois's Place but couldn't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm building a relational db for our teacher's morning baseball league.

so far so good hopefully. I went through JPdeni's 2 thread tutorial. What a life saver that was.

3 more steps to go but have 2 major questions.

1.) game / year stats
I'd like to be able to show player's stats for this year's current games played. ie http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6615 link barrowed fom espn.

And to make this a little more difficult. If possible to show stats from previous games.

We only play about 6 games a year. Frown Teacher's are pretty busy.

2.) I'd like to automate the adding of newly played games stats
so for example players had 3 chances to bat during the game. I'd like to be able to see ...
previous total games ::: 70 with 290 at bats
(under neath these records) :::: +__ +___
So the admin just has to add figures and let dbman do the calculations.
Of course, I'm going to have to add the math but but I'm not even near understanding how to ADD to record.

I tried searching here to but ... I'm not really getting good hits since I don't really know what I'm searching for ... ughhhh

Any hints or help would be really appreciated!

cheers

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] baseball like records (years/games) In reply to
You need to explain it further. You mention you are using the relational databases. You need to tell us how they are linked. With more info, I may be able to solve your second problem.
Julian
Quote Reply
Re: [vampy] baseball like records (years/games) In reply to
Hi vampy

Here's a link that shows my switch subs ... all my fields are in those.
prior thread

I'm slowly find solutions but these 2 points have got my wheels spinning.

Crazy

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] baseball like records (years/games) In reply to
The second problem involving math could be easily solved if I understand what you wanted.

What you have in the db file would be the scores, right? For example, player A has scored x in the first game, y in the second game and z on the third game. You want to display a total score, right? Do you need the total score to be stored in the database file? That would be more difficult but possible. If not you just want the total score to be displayed say after searching, then that would be simpler.

Tell me whether I'm on the right track and which solution you want.
Julian